Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 87 Angels Everywhere - Even at Krogers!

There is so much to say about Angels in my life.  Friends are angels, family are angels and I could not do without them but it's the unexpected appearance of angels that remind that God is watching over me ........... always.   I could write pages about the angels that have shown up in my life and disappeared just as quickly, but this time I want to write about yesterday.

As I'm feeling better in the nausea department, I decided it is time to get back to juicing.  I was out running errands and stopped in at Krogers to pick up some organic carrots, apples and purple grapes.  While I was there I had a horrible tummy pain that doubled me over and it took a while to go away.  I thought my best bet was to get home quickly, just in case that was a sign of worse things to come.  When I got to the checkout area, only one of the aisles was open.  A young (? I can't really tell any more) man with a shock of premature white hair was the checker.  I sometimes avoid his aisle because he's a chatter and ..... I don't know.  I just go to a different aisle.  This time I couldn't.
As I pushed my buggy into the aisle, I said to him, "I'm really not feeling well right now.  Please check me out quickly."  He started to check and paused to ask if it was my blood sugar.  I shook my head no, not wanting to get into the whole thing.  You know how I hate when people first hear the word "cancer" and tilt their head in that sad, sympathetic way.  He asked something else and I just shook my head again while unloading my basket as quickly as I could.   A line was forming behind me but then he just stopped, closed his eyes, bowed his head and raised his hand and asked, in the name of Jesus Christ, that I be healed from whatever was making me ill.   Now if that wasn't a God thing, putting me in that aisle, nothing is.  I prayed with him, thanked him and he proceeded to explain to me about God being in our dna and what composes dna and the symbols for the elements spell out God's name for himself, "I AM that I AM."    Who would have thought...............?

This is the second time at Kroger's that someone has stopped to pray for me.  Right after I was first diagnosed, I was in there very early one morning and checked out behind a lady in a lovely suit all dressed for work.  When I got to my car I found we were parked next to each other.  As we unloaded groceries we smiled at each other and one of us made a comment about the beautiful day it was going to be and very quickly God's name came into the conversation and she spoke of His healing powers.  I then shared the diagnosis I had just received and there in the parking lot she began to pray for my healing.  I've never seen her since.  I think maybe I should always shop at Krogers. 

The week before my surgery when I went forward at Church to be annointed and all the church came to lay hands on me, one of the ministers told me after that she had a vision during the prayer of a twelve foot tall angel standing on my left.  We didn't discuss it much right then but she sent word to me later that every time she prayed for me she saw the same angel, always on my left.  In prayer she asked the significance of his being on my left and she received that he was a warrior angel meant to go with me into surgery, to oversee and be in control.  And he did.

"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way."  Exodus 23:20

So, here I am, starting another feel good day.  I woke last night around 1:30am with my mind whirling and it was hours before I went back to sleep.  A new painting was on my mind, a very personal one.  Not the portraits I spoke of yesterday but one that would be more representative of the journey I'm on.  It's hard to explain how a diagnosis of cancer brought my life to a screeching halt while in the background life went on as normal for everyone else.  People went to work, took vacations, got married, had children, fell in love, fell out of love and all of that seemed to be happening on the other side of a window with a gauze curtain inbetween.  On this side of the window it was ............ well, that's the rest of the painting.  They say that patients undergoing chemo sometimes develop "Chemo Brain."  That may be what I'll call this painting. 

Precious Lord,
Thank You for another gorgeous and amazing day.  Thank You for the healing that is taking place within me right now.  I ask that you send that same healing to every other person out there fighting this hated disease.  Thank You Lord for the angels you place in my life over and over to remind me who is ultimately in control.  That is You, Father.  It is You.
Help me today to use every second productively.  Help me to glorify You in everything I do and everything I say and everything I think.  Without You, all hope would be gone.
I give You all the praise and honor and glory.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I had all this "stuff" going thru my head as I was reading today. Clicked to comment and it was if all the thoughts were just washed away, leaving me with an intense feel of peace.
    So I guess that will be my comment.... peace.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete