Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 101 Out of the Haze

I woke at 5:30am this morning.  Shades of the old me.  Praise God.  I've been up for about 3 hours and so far only minor nausea.  At least not enough to require a med.  I watered my poor front lawn and flowerbed that is now a weedbed and took Chipper for a short walk.  What an awesome start to a great day for me. 

" And be thankful."  Colossians 3:15

My visit with the surgeon went well yesterday.  He's very proud of his handiwork and so am I.  Happened to run into a friend in the waiting room who had a minor procedure last week and was there for her pathology report.  It was a good report.  Thank You Father. 

I now have four good days before chemo starts again and I am going to be sure to make the best of them.  Yes, rest.  Yes, eat right.  Yes, paint.   I am pretty weak still but I know I need more exercise.  I'm thinking that maybe I should try to schedule a trip to a store daily so that I can walk around the store in a/c out of the heat and sunlight.  Maybe Home Depot today.  That way I've got a buggy to lean on if I get tired.  I need some sponge brushes for glazing on my paintings and I always like to spend a lot of time in the paint department looking at the new colors and bright brochures they have there.  Color just cheers me up.  I'm so lucky to have HD, Hobby Lobby and soon a Michaels just minutes from my home.  Tons of new stores popping up daily and there just for me and my exercise.  I should take advantage. 

Precious Lord,
I feel so good today and so strong and confident that I'll complete this journey and come out a victor at the end.  I ask that You instill that same confidence in the other warriors fighting this enemy.  Let them take with them today the knowledge that You are there, surrounding them with your healing love and fortifying them for the battle to come. 
Father, I praise You.  I love You so much and I bow before You in gratitude for all You do for me every day.  I make this journey with You and for You.
In Jesus' name,
Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment