Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 130 Love those Natural Killer cells

God woke me this morning around 4:30am again.  That's His favorite time to talk with me.  I should say to listen to me because I have to remind myself to shut up once in a while so He can place some thoughts into my mind.

This morning led me to the internet again.  I decided that I want to know exactly how my white blood cells are killing cancer cells.  Well, oh my gosh, there is a medical facility in England that has managed to photo the most amazing thing and it's the way the white cells sort of circle the wagons to kill the bad cells.  They're call NK or Natural Killer cells.  I didn't bookmark it, but  just googled "picture of white blood cells killing cancer cells".  I'm starting to sort of grasp how it works but am going to have to read and study lots more.  The body is such an amazing creation.  Next I found an article about a team at the University of Pennsylvania that used "gutted" hiv cells that were no longer harmful to shore up tcells in a leukemia patient that was dying and put him in total remission.  This is a phase 1 trial with only 3 patients so far.   Patients 1 and 3 both had total remission and patient 2 a partial remission.  I'm sure other researchers are going to take this and run with it to treat other forms of cancer.

Once I have a better understanding of how the white cells work, then I want to better understand how chemo works.  How can they pattern a certain chemical to search out only the bad cells and what does it look like under the microscope?  I know sometimes they kill off healthy cells as well, but now I'm excited that if I better understand how everything works, I'll better be able to support myself in getting along with healing.

Praise report for today:  Friend Renee had her last chemo treatment yesterday and was able to ring the bell.  Next step is surgery this month and then radiation and that baby will be cancer free.  Our God is an awesome God.

Friend Frank has decided to start chemo and his first treatment is today and a long one.  We're going to pray for maximum killing power and minimum side effects.

Friend Linda who was up and about yesterday after her surgery had a setback and is in need of more prayers.

I am asking for prayer for me today.  I'm leaving shortly for labwork for Tuesday's chemo.  Please pray that my red blood cell count is okay for chemo and that the cancer cells in my blood are down this time after going up three weeks in a row. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I just honor You today for Your loving mercy and undying patience with me and Your other children.  Sometimes we forget that it is all about loving You, loving and forgiving others and loving and forgiving ourselves.  The body that You have given us is such a gift of miraculous proportions that it is hard to even fathom the wonder of it all.  Thank You Father.  Thank You.
I come to You today filled with gratitude for the work that You have wrought in Renee as she moves into the next step of her recovery.  I am so grateful that You have guided Frank to not give up and to fight this hated enemy.  Father, I ask special healing mercies today for Linda as she recovers from her surgery.  Bless her and give her strength to weather this latest challenge in her healing.
For me, Lord, I am asking for a good report on today's labwork.  Namely, good red blood cell numbers and lower cancer numbers.  I guess, truthfully, only You know what those numbers mean and I'm trusting You, Father, I'm believing for good numbers when I start chemo again on Tuesday.
Lord, I'm so privileged to even be able to have this treatment.  There are so many who would give anything to be able to drive a short distance from their home and walk into a state of the art facility where the only purpose is to save their life.  Forgive me Father for taking this for granted.
Help me today to be a good steward for You.  I love You Lord.  I love You.
I ask these things in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the one true messiah, the one who suffered and died for me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment