Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 129 Benchmark Day Yesterday

First of all, let me tell you that all my financial concerns are over.  I received two emails, one that I inherited $12,000,000 - yes, those are six zeros - from an unnamed benefactress.  Soon after a cancer patient emailed to say that he has $18,000,000 - yes, another six zeros - on deposit in an American financial institution and is willing to pay me 20% to help him dole it out to charitable organizations.  All I have to do is contact his attorneys at their email address whose url is bob.com.   Really?   bob.com   Law firm and their url is bob.com.   Hahahahahaha.  I guess the $40,000 scams weren't working so they decided to up the ante. 

Okay, enough of the funnies.  Yesterday was a benchmark day.   There were just some things that happened that brought back to my mind things I have known my entire adult life....and forgotten.  First of all, looking for new meditations on my tablet, I came across some interviews with Dr. Bernie Siegel.  I first heard of Dr. Siegel about 30 years ago when Darlene and I went to one of his lectures.  He was the leader in the mind/body connection of beating cancer.  I have had his books and tapes in the past and have given them all to others dealing with cancer never thinking I would need his advice some day.  So, I listened to some of the interviews, went through a guided meditation, and came out loving my body and my immune system in an entirely new way.   Things I knew and forgot and God, in His infinite mercy, decided to give me a reminder.  More to work on with this when I can sit quietly and just think, after I download his books to the Kindle on my sweet little tablet. 

Secondly, I had a healthy dinner last night.  Thank You God for Panera Drivethru.  I had their lowfat chicken noodle soup and the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich which is like a Greek salad on bread with the most amazing pesto and a sort of salsa made with grape tomatoes.  Yummo.   Then, I actually had an egg cooked in olive oil this morning with some toasted sourdough bread that Tineke brought me from La Madeleine.  I won't tell you what else she brought me from there that I scoffed down immediately.  Yay.  That is excellent progress for me at this point.  Probiotics still working and I may add some Yakult to the mix.  Well, Yakult has to be cold and I still can't drink cold so probably not yet.  I'll just stick with the pills.

I still can't stand the smell of food in my fridge.  I have thrown out so much food.  I have a bag of apples and a bag of organic carrots in perfectly good condition that have to go.  I must have the sense of smell of a bloodhound right now.  So, cleaning the fridge out again today and can't wait.  I'll use the Lysol this time and replace the baking soda with fresh boxes.  Then I remembered those expensive blue bags for veggies I bought ages ago which are supposed to retard the gasses forming in fruit and veggies in the fridge.  So, I pulled them from the pantry and have them ready for the next fruit/veggies I buy for juicing. 

I drove out to The Papershell yesterday to get a check for another large painting Elizabeth sold for me.  Just walking among the plants is so cathartic.  Then the gallery and all the handmade gift items and art is inspiring.  I bought a precious little succulent to replace one that had died of neglect a while back.  About the only plants left in good shape at my house are on the front porch but I make sure they're fed and watered regularly. 

So, I'm awake and alive this morning and grateful.  I have a sense of hope and of life beyond chemo.  It's a good feeling.  Thank You Father.

Report from friend Frank's family is that the results from the biopsy performed last week were pretty devastating.  Frank is deciding whether or not to accept chemo as he's concerned about quality of life.  My thought is that, yes, it does effect quality of life but as long as he's fighting, he's giving God more and more opportunities to intervene in the ultimate outcome.  His family are asking for more prayers as Frank goes through this decision making progress.

Two praise reports:  Friend Linda is up and walking and doing really well and Bettye's brother who was lifeflighted with a coral snake bite is doing well and on his way to complete recovery. 

Special prayer request for my friend Darlene, who has been my best friend for over 40 years as she meets with surgeons regarding removing her gall bladder.  I should be there to take care of her through this and she really has bad timing not being able to wait until after December.  Who's going to take care of my Darlene?

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
We thank You for your healing mercies today as Frank and his family deal with the doctor's reports.  We know Lord, that Your report is the one that counts.  Wrap your loving and comforting arms around Frank and his amazing family today as they go through this process.  Guide Frank in making the best decision.
Lord, we thank You too for Linda's healing and Woody's healing.  Only You God, only You could have engineered these outcomes.  We give You all the praise, honor and glory.
Lord, I thank You today especially for guiding Darlene to the right surgeon and medical staff for her upcoming surgery.  Let her healing be quick, painless and complete.
Thank You for everything, absolutely everything.  I love You so much Lord.  It's all You.
In Jesus' precious name, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment