Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 104 A Balancing Act

I'm actually feeling pretty good this morning after a not so good Sunday.  Yay!!!  Just in time for another round of chemo starting tomorrow.  I'm so hopeful for different results on this round.  I ate very little yesterday.  Wonder if that made a difference?  Maybe my tummy just doesn't want the food yet that I've been trying to eat in hopes of keeping my strength up.  Hmmmmm........  This truly is a balancing act.

I got in a little painting yesterday and have some things complete to ship.  Two commissions and paintings to galleries.  I've done some sketching for  my chemo painting.  Not quite satisfied with the layout yet but I'll get there.  Today is a trip to UPS, Hobby Lobby for some supplies, LabCorp for bloodwork and then home to finish up a large commission, get it photo'd and sent to collector. 

I have been avoiding mirrors as much as I can.  Had to sit down this morning to put on some makeup and it was a little scary.  First of all, my eyes look pretty swollen but at the same time sort of sunken.  Yikes.  I don't think I can putty enough concealer into those crevices under my eyes to look normal.  I'm pale and pasty but a little bronzer took care of that.  On my face, anyway.  The hands and arms are crisco white but I have some moisturizer with a little bronzer in it.  Guess I'll pull that out  but I sort of hesitate.  I don't want to absorb any strange chemicals through my skin.  Oh well, I guess being pale is the least of my problems right now.  Silly woman. 

Friend Cliffa's precious little book, Streams in the Desert, has this to say in today's devotional:

Sometimes God causes severe winds of trial to blow upon His children to develop their gifts.  Just as a torch burns more brightly when waved back and forth, and just as a juniper plant smells sweetest when thrown into the flames, so the richest qualities of a Christian often arise under the strong winds of suffering and adversity.  Bruised hearts often emit the fragrance that God loves to smell.

That really is a great reminder to me to use this experience for my best and highest good.  Sometimes when I'm wallowing in self pity, I forget that.  But words like those above and those of George Rodrigue that I share on Saturday are such important reminders for me.  I hope that they also remind others of you reading this who are dealing with trials.

Precious Lord,
Thank You for the words of inspiration that You send to me from so many different places.  I'm truly grateful for the words of others that encourage me to be a better pilgrim on this journey.  I ask today Father that You let my words reach others and that I can pass on that same encouragement to them. 
Father, I ask your healing comfort, grace and blessings on every warrior out there fighting this terrible enemy.  Give us all the strength and power to see this battle through to the very end, accepting only complete victory as the final outcome. 
It's all You, Father.  It's all You.
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment