Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 99 Looking Up

I am finally feeling better today.  Nausea seems to have a witching hour and that is early afternoon.  I did fight it yesterday and managed to get in about 2 hours of painting.  I intend to spend more time painting today.  Thank You, God.  My challenge now is to eat foods nutrient rich enough to make sure my bloodwork is okay on Monday so I don't have to delay chemo.  One blood building food is liver which may explain the unreasonable craving I had for chicken livers a few weeks back and ate only that for two days.  Not sure my stomach is up to that this time but lean red meat along with leafy greens is a good alternative.  I can do that.  Can't worry about alkaline or antiangiogenesis diet right now.  What a balancing act this is turning out to be.  But, for today anyway, I'm up for it.

Something else I want to share with you.  Everyone at some time or other deals with intestinal disorders.  Since mine has lasted two months, you have to agree that I must have a unique insight into the best toilet paper out there.  Whether you call it Montezuma's Revenge or the Texas Two Step, it can make for some really uncomfortable side effects.  Well, not to worry.  Charmin has come to the rescue of any and all sufferers with their Charmin Sensitive.  Some genius added aloe lotion to Kleenex a while back for anyone dealing with a runny nose and now a double genius has added it to toilet paper.  Yay!  Give that man.... or most likely a woman.... an award.  It's awesome!!

Throughout this journey, I have never asked "Why me?"  But I have wondered "Why?"  I am secure in the knowledge that the "Why?" is answered every time I am able to bring someone's name to all of you to ask for intercessory prayer on their behalf.   Today, I ask that you hold friend, Frank, up in prayer.  A kind and loving man, good father, good husband and member of God's family,  Frank is seeing an oncologist today for a diagnosis. 

Precious Father,
I am so grateful for the honor to bring together a group of prayer warriors to support those fighting cancer.  Today I ask that You reach out with Your healing hand and touch Frank as he meets with doctors.  Touch the medical personnel that he'll be dealing with today so that they make the right decisions regarding him and his treatment.  If it is Your will, Lord, let the inherent healing ability that You have placed within each of us take over and eliminate any evidence of the enemy.
I ask that same blessing for all the other victors out there fighting this enemy.  We are not victims.  We are victors.  And we are victors only through Your grace and favor.
We love You, Lord.  We honor and praise You.
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment