Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 121 Am I Crazy?

The answer might be a resounding Yes!  Yesterday was Chemo Round 4, Day 1.  I met with Dr.  Popatia.  He was upset that I was so sick after the last chemo and doubly upset that I had not called him about it.  It is hard to explain to a doctor that calling a doctor is not in my dna and I actually never thought about calling him for help.  I always think I can weather it out myself while I'm driving family and friends crazy.

So, here is the most interesting part of our conversation.  He said that sometimes in cases like mine where I had such a bad reaction to the second round, my brain now thinks every round will be the same.  That is the only reason he can imagine why zofran, fenugren, and compazine are all totally ineffective.  So, I will be taking some meds for actual nausea and some meds to trick my brain into thinking I am not nauseous. 

There was a down side to our conversation.  The cancer cells showing up in my blood has increased three weeks in a row.  That has him very concerned.  He said it could be a result of the diarrhea and issues with the colon where this all started.  Just because only one of the 25 lymph nodes checked was positive doesn't mean there weren't more since there are hundreds of lymph nodes at that spot.  He is going to order another pet scan which is the one where I'm given a shot of sugar to make the cancer cells dance around on the screen.  I'm not worried about that.  Too many prayers.

I know people were praying for me yesterday and I want all of you to know that it worked.  Praise God.  What awesome prayer partners I have.  I went into the infusion room.  Jennifer hooked me up and my first bag is steroids and benadryl.  I went straight to sleep and just woke when she changed bags to chemo.  Three going at one time.  Came home, got in my jammies and slept most of the day.
Mel picked up my script for a low dose pill to continue to trick my brain.  I'll start that on Thursday evening which has been when the bad times set it.  The day went well, only slight nausea last night.  I slept well even with the pump and I'm up this morning at 4:30, had breakfast twice (!), and am now writing you.  I just feel like I've turned the corner with this thing and I'm so grateful.

Now, I want to talk to you about my friends Frank and Dede Hoot.  I've known them for many years and Dede's sister, Grace, is one of my champions and prayer warriors.  Frank was just recently diagnosed with an incurable lung cancer.  He is at MD and has been told that chemo and radiation  will extend his life another couple of years possibly.  We know that God's report is the one that counts and this earth needs Frank.  I think that the worst thing one could say about Frank is that he's a really really good guy.  He's a good husband, a good father, a good brother, a good Christian and everyone who knows him loves him.  So I am asking all of you to put the power of your prayers to work for Frank today and in the coming weeks.

"Behold, God is my salvation.  I will trust and not be afraid."  Isaiah 12:2

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
We know that Your name states that You are the God of healing and restoration.  We know that you are the God of miracles.  We come to You today in humble gratitude for the miracles that are at work in Frank's life right now.  We thank You for guiding his medical team to do what is best for Him and for You adding Your handiwork to theirs so that he has a complete healing without an expiration date on it. 
Lord, I want to thank You today for the ease I'm having with round 4 of this chemo.  It's all You Father.  It's all You.  I give You all the praise, honor and glory.
I ask special blessings today on all the prayer buddies, partners, warriors that have interceded on my behalf and who are interceding right now for Frank.  I lift each one of them up to you, even though I don't know many of them.  That doesn't matter because You know them.  You know them by name, You know every hair on their head. 
I love You so much Lord.  Without You, I am nothing. Bless me today and grant me the strength to do whatever it is You have for me to do.
I pray these things in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment