Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 118 Awesome Sunday

Let me say first of all that yesterday was a wonderful day.  I felt well, made a chocolate meringue pie for my dear daughter and son-in-law.  I told them I was buttering them up in advance in case I have another bad round with chemo this week.  Anyway, visited and helped Melanie set up Logan's room in the new house.  He's off to HBU................hahaha 20 miles away............and needs a room for when he comes home.  Great time, then treated myself to a chinese lunch and back home to watch football.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the upside to chemo is guiltfree football watching this fall.  Go Texans.

This morning I felt well enough to try to fix a healthy breakfast.
Note to self:  Food to add to the "Do Not Ever Eat This Again" List:  Oatmeal.
Oh my gosh, I had to leave church early because my little tummy, and I mean little,  had swollen to gargantuan size.  Jumped in the van,  immediately unbottoned my pants and unhooked my bra.  Aaaahhhhhhhh, relief. 

There is no doubt in my mind that cancer is not the only enemy I am fighting.  I am fundamentalist enough to believe that the nausea isn't from God but from one who wants to steal my faith, my joy, my hope and I'm going to fight him every step of the way.

Today was a special celebration at church.   Ebbie's Mom, Jo P., is cancer free.  We prayed for her early on in the journey with this blog.  Please know prayer buddies, that God is at work and inhabiting the praise of His children.  Ebbie showed me pictures of Jo's scan in April and one lung was barely visible it was so covered with tumors.  Second pic last Tuesday shows two healthy lungs with no sign of a tumor. 
Praise God. 

Pastor RO's message today was about when things don't go as planned.  Hello.......  He was preaching to the choir with me in the audience.  He also talked about the names of God.  One was Jehovah Rapha, the God of healing and restoration.  I think when I go into chemo on Tuesday I will address God with that respectful name as I ask again that he heals me and restores my life to me. 

Special prayers please today for Ray Price.  He is dealing with pancreatic cancer and has had to cancel all but one of his upcoming shows.  His song, Faith, is one often performed by Butch Murphy in our church.  Butch's version is incredible and brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

Precious Father,
Thank You for getting me to church this morning.  You know what I was dealing with in trying to get there but we won this morning, didn't we? 
Lord, I am so grateful for the healing you have performed for Jo P, not once but twice.  Thank You, Father, that the healing is so complete that the enemy is totally destroyed and will never touch her again.
Father, we ask your healing mercies on Ray Price.  He has written and performed so many songs to honor You and  touched many hearts with them.  Bless him, strengthen him and take him through this with ease.
And, Lord, Your name Jehovah Rapha describes you as the God of healing and restoration.  I am asking in Jesus' name that Jehovah Rapha touches the chemo I'll be receiving on Tuesday that it moves easily through me, obliterating cancer cells and with no accopanying nausea.  Restore my quality of life to before chemo.  Chemotherapy is not an excuse for sickness and malaise.  Those are tools of the enemy tempting me to stop, to give up and to lose faith.   I am stronger than that, Lord.  You know that.  You created me, You bless me, You favor me, You love me and I am grateful.  And I love you.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above cancer, the name above pain, the name above nausea, the name above all other names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment