Friday, March 1, 2013

day 313 Pity Party of One

I went to the gastro on Wednesday.  He said that the elevated enzymes were almost three times what they should be.  I, of course, have been all over the internet asking for info on elevated liver enzymes following chemo and all the personal responses I found were from patients with colon cancer who had the same treatment I had.  Dr. Manji confirmed that and thinks it is chemo induced hepatitis, either B or C.  I haven't researched the difference yet or the treatment. 

He sent me for an ultrasound yesterday and I'll have bloodwork again on the 11th.  I guess at that point I'll find out for sure what's going on.  I came home from the ultrasound yesterday and curled up in a ball on the couch and stayed there for the rest of the day.

Poor poor me.  There is a downside to working out of my home.  The upside is that if I want to spend one hour, two hours, three hours with God in the mornings, I can do that.  The downside is that if I don't want to pray or study and just want to lay in a stupor feeling sorry for myself, I can do that too.  So that's what I did yesterday.  I thought I was through with doctors and meds.  Not another challenge.  By nightime, I knew that one day wasted was more than enough and had to ask forgiveness for that with plans to get back to normal today.

This morning I opened the little daily devotional that I usually start my study time with.  Since I didn't read it yesterday, I went there first.  "PACK UP YOUR SORROWS".  Oh my goodness, the Lord always knows exactly what I need. 

"Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows....He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement for our peace was upon Him and by His stripes we are healed."  Isaiah 53:4-5

Then I turned to today's reading and the heading was "EXPECT GREAT THINGS".

"Hebrews tells of those 'who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong' " Hebrews 11:33-34

How awesome is this God I serve that He never fails to provide the encouragement that I need if I just let Him.  He reminds me that whatever it is I face, it is nothing compared to what He dealt with and because of that I am healed.  No matter the outcome, I am His child and He loves, protects and inspires me every day of my life and I am grateful.

He also reminds me to slow down and just love Him.

Precious Father, Jehovah Rapha,
I love You so much.  Sometimes I am so filled with love for You that it is hard to contain.  I thank You for showing me how important it is to just sit and feel that love, to bask in it and then to send it out to the world that You thought into being.
Lord, precious Bethany, the 12 year old girl with liver cancer that we prayed for in the last few weeks, has gone to be with you.  We ask that Your comforting arms enfold her family as they deal with living without her in this world. 
Father, You know that cancer is the enemy.  It is proliferating like a virus among Your children.  You have given us authority over all the powers of the enemy and we take authority today as we command cancer to take it's hands off Your children.  Show us the way to care for our bodies to protect against it in the same way that we care for our souls, keeping You in mind and the sacrifice You made of Your body for ours. 
These things we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment