Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 333 Restoration

I woke this morning in a deep blue funk.   Have no idea why... I just did.   I have a huge case of the "donwannas" but I managed to shove it aside to study His word and to read a couple of daily devotionals.    It didn't totally restore me to my normal good humor but I'm on my way.   I have no intention of giving in to it and letting it ruin the rest of this gorgeous day for me. 

My precious daughter and niece are treating me to a trip to Atlanta this weekend.  We're leaving very very early in the morning and back Sunday so I won't be journaling tomorrow.   My poor Chipper will board at the vet and I'm already dreading trying to get him into the car.  He's so old and his hips are bad but I'm sure we'll manage.  I've been dreading the flight as well but my church family prayed for me last night for a safe and easy trip and that eased my concern a little.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I've spent so many months here in my house it has become a sort of refuge and I feel vulnerable leaving it.

I grew up in Venezuela and at a very early age started flying regularly between the US and Maracaibo.  Back then the airplane seats were comfortable with lots of leg room, no carryon luggage, good food, happy stewardesses as they were called and every one looked forward to a trip and dressed nicely for it.   Another story today.  Rush, crush, and pray for a quick trip. 

I'm looking forward to spending time with my daughter.  She and I share a special love of the Lord and our time together is so precious to me.   Okay, thinking about that, now I'm starting to get excited and I think I'm looking forward to the trip.  Not just that but visiting my sweet Jamie in Atlanta and seeing her children for the first time in years is going to be great.  Thinking about tomorrow, my good humor is now restored and I think I'm ready to get on with a blessed, creative and productive day.   I wish the same for all of you.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
You are the God who heals and Your healing isn't just for our bodies but sometimes for our spirit as well.  Thank You so much that I have this journal and friends that I can turn to so that I can reason out what is bothering me and then You take it and turn it around for me.  
Lord, there is so much illness in this world of yours and so much of it is our own doing.   Please forgive us for not honoring You with our bodies.  Please continue to enlighten us as to what we can do to be at our best always, both physically and emotionally.
And help us today, Father, to slow down and just love You.
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment