Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 316 Back on Track

Last week was a loss after Wednesday, feeling sorry for myself over the possibility of hepatitis brought on by the chemo for colon cancer.  I never cried over having cancer, only over feeling so bad from the treatments.  I was still a little weepy when I got to church yesterday but as usual, God knew exactly what I needed to hear.   Pastor RO spoke on miracles first of all which just sort of settled my spirit.  Then he spoke on enlarging our territory and I gave testimony about this online journal and the people that are following from all over the world.  I am so privileged to have this platform from which to share what He has meant to me through this journey and how He has brought me through it.

As God commanded, I was annointed with oil by the elders of the church who prayed for me.  I went home feeling so uplifted.  If anyone reading this does not have a church, please pray and let God guide you to one that ministers to you.  Or, if you are in a church where you aren't being filled with His teaching and the Holy Spirit, ask God to guide you to one where you will be.  It is so important to your healing.

This morning's devotional started with the words: "Evil never surrenders its grasp without a tremendous fight."   I know that the enemy has had me in it's sight for a while but I have stayed faithful and will always stay faithful.  God is my love, my savior and my all.  Sometimes I feel like Job.  I know that letting that glimmer of fear enter my mind gives the enemy a foothold so I am quick to deny it and affirm God's healing whenever it works its way into my thoughts.  I know that I will come out of this a shining example of His love.

Job 23:10-12 says:
"But when He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to His way without turning aside.  I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread."

He is such an awesome God.  Don't forget to slow down and just love Him.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another glorious day here on earth.  Thank You for Your Word so that we have somewhere to turn when we are in fear or despair.  Thank You for the healing You promised and thank You for loving us. 
Lord, I kneel before You in loving acknowledgement that You are my all.  Without You Lord, I am lost with no idea of which way to go.  Thank You for Your guidance, the hope You instill in my heart and the strength to fight the enemy which is trying to destroy all of us.
In the precious name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment