Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 325 Self Discipline

It's difficult.  I know exactly what I need to do.  I know the foods I need to eat to starve the cancer cells in my body.  I share that knowledge here and as often as I can, but do I do it?   I try.  I try hard.   I keep those thoughts with me daily but still it isn't easy.   I am tempted by the smell of fried food when I pass McDonald's, fried chicken when I go past a KFC, and my car wants to pull in every time I pass a Sonic for a large Diet Dr.Pepper with extra crushed ice.  I want to turn to donuts and candy and ice cream when I'm stressed.   I don't have to search for knowledge about what healing food to feed my body and what foods to avoid.  The information comes to me from all directions, telling me what these foods do to strengthen my body and enhance my health.  It tells me that too much protein and meals high in sodium can damage my kidney, liver and heart and too much sugar can damage my pancreas.   I know that the chemicals and dyes man puts into my food can damage my body.   Yet I long for those things.  I am not saying that what we eat is the sole cause of cancer, disease and organ failure but I am saying it can be a huge contributor.  Why, then, don't we all do everything we can to keep our bodies as healthy as possible?  We probably all know the answer to that.

"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self control."   Proverbs 25:28

For me, I am finding it easier to not focus on what not to eat and instead to focus on what is best for me to eat.  As I bring more and more of the antiangiogenesis foods into my diet, I am automatically eliminating those that either do nothing for my health or harm my health.

 
Daniel eliminated foods that didn't contribute to his health and instead focused on those which made him healthier and stronger.  More and more is being proven that certain foods help eliminate the blood supply to cancer cells which means a lot to me.  For more information about these foods, go to www.eattodefeatcancer.com .   Just try daily to bring more and more of them into your diet.  God's food heals and if we ask, he'll give us the self-control, the self-discipline, the strength to back off of the harmful foods and, like Daniel, prove how healthy and strong we can become eating His foods.
 
"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control."
Galatians 5:22
"For the spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7
"The Lord stood by me and gave me strength."   2 Timothy 4:17
 
Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
You are the God that heals.  You are showing us daily that by eating Your food, we can live a stronger, longer and healthier life.  You are the one who gives us strength to avoid the foods that do nothing to enhance our lives.  We turn to You Lord in deepest gratitude for the wisdom You are giving us daily, the self-discipline and self-control to become the best that we can be for You.
Thank You.  Thank You. Thank You.
In Jesus' name and loving gratitude we pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment