Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 330 Don't You Know...........?

In Paul's first letter to the church in Corinth, he said:

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?  ...For God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."  1Corinthians 3:16

I have to keep reminding myself of what I have been through and the gift that good health is.  How easy is would be to go back to old ways of eating drive thru and drinking diet sodas thinking that because I wasn't overeating and because the sodas were "sugar free", it was okay and that it was doing my body good.   Silly girl.

I only have this one body but God has given me another chance to prove to Him how grateful I am and to do what I can to care for it as best as possible.  There is so so so much information available to us through the internet and even through Facebook, for goodness sake.  I saw a post this morning about fighting cancer attributed to Johns Hopkins.  It wasn't from Johns Hopkins but I agree with every single thing on the long post.  It was about eating to establish an alkaline environment in our bodies instead of acid, eating fresh fruits and veggies, limiting sugar and salt, avoiding meats full of hormones and antibiotics, exercising to oxygenize (not sure that's a word but works for me) our blood and body.  

I have watched The Bible for the last three weeks and was so excited that it covered Daniel last night.  I first came to love the Old Testament through the book of Daniel.  There is so much more to the Old Testament than just interesting stories and lots of killing and this is a good place for anyone to start to find that out.   When Daniel and his friends were taken from Jerusalem back to Babylon along with other healthy young men that were being groomed to serve the king, they were fed food and wine from the king's table.   Daniel asked the guards to bring him and his friends only vegetables to eat and and water to drink for ten days and at the end of the ten days they looked healthier and stronger than any of the other men who had been eating from the king's table.

God is so good to show us even through these ancient writings the benefits of eating plant based diets.  I'm not saying that everyone should be vegan.  What I'm saying is that it seems to me that there is more and more proof every day that a diet based primarily on vegetables can have a huge positive impact on our overall health.  Hmmmm...........what to eat today?  I love roasted veggies.... peppers, onions, carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini sprayed with a little olive oil and salted and roasted in the oven to bring out their natural sugars and flavor.   What are you eating today?

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for revealing more and more to us every day about the healing properties of the foods you have created.  I believe that in the divine order You put into place in the universe, You placed healing for every disease.  Help us to keep those foods You have given us pure and free of harmful chemicals and dyes whose only purpose is to encourage us to eat more than our body calls for.
Father, You are Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals and we thank You for that healing.  We thank You for the knowledge You have given the medical community and the self control and self discipline You have placed within each of us to treat our bodies with respect and to honor You with the care that we give ourselves.
We love You, Lord, and we give You all the praise, honor, and glory.
In the precious name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment