Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 326 Today's The Day

This afternoon is my appt with Dr. Manji to find out what damage the chemo has done to my liver and whether it is in the process of healing itself by God's hand or if my healing is going to come again through medications.  Here's the strange thing about it.   I feel good.  I know that hepatitis has been called "the silent killer" but so has cancer and the Lord and I kicked that so I'm sure we will kick this as well.

I do have to admit I'm a little nervous waiting for the appt this afternoon.  It was in this same office and same doctor that I first received a diagnosis of colon cancer last April 23rd.  What a lot has happened since then.   Surgery to remove six inches of colon, then six months of a debilitating chemo.  Three months off chemo and here I am back waiting to hear what the tests reveal.

God always puts words of encouragement in front of me whenever I need them.  Early in my diagnosis, my art friend Cliffa sent me a leather bound copy of a beautiful book called Streams in the Desert by L. B. Cowman.  Today's devotional said this:

"Do not be afraid to enter the cloud descending on your life, for God is in it.  And the other side is radiant with His glory."

Then I was led to a scripture in Joshua but one near it jumped out at me telling me:

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

How great He is to always make sure that I am comforted and reassured of His loving and healing presence.  And I am.   So lunch today with my dear friend Terri who loves the Lord as I do and then off to see Dr. Manji. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Father I thank You for Your presence in my life, Your healing spirit that You have placed within me and the increasing faith that You give me every day as I study Your word.  Thank You Lord for Your word that comes to us inspired, transcribed and a answer for every care. 
I thank You Father for the healing I've experienced along this journey and thank You for the continued healing as my body heals from the effects of the chemotherapy.
You are Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals.  I surrender all my cares and concerns to You today Lord.  I thank You that by Your stripes, I AM healed.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment