Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 339 Healing

"...for I AM the God who heals you."              Exodus 5:26

As I was reading this morning and referring back to connected scriptures, this one jumped out at me.  I think so much about the medical side of healing and I think so much about healing through the foods I eat and I do give God praise for my healing but it seems I always lump His healing in with the other two.

I just want to say now that it is all God and all my good and all my healing is from Him.  He has decided what form that healing takes but it is still all from Him.    In 2Kings, Naaman, an army commander who had leprosy, went to the prophet Elisha for a cure.  Elisha sent a messenger to tell Naaman to dip himself into the Jordan seven times and he would be healed.

"But Naaman went away angry and said, 'I thought that he would come out to me and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy.' "
2Kings 5:11

Naaman was angry and disappointed that there wasn't this dramatic instant healing that he expected.  When he finally did as he was told and dipped himself into the Jordan seven times, he was healed and his skin was like that of a newborn.  I think, like Naaman, we all want a dramatic and instant healing but sometimes, that just isn't in God's plan for us.

My friend Lisa writes in her blog that she thinks God will use her to bless someone else through her journey with multiple myeloma.  The chemo has had a profound effect taking her blood from 80% multiple myeloma to only 10%.  That's pretty dramatic all on it's own but she still has the stem cell transplant to go through.  To find out more about that, read her latest blog at www.healinglisafromheaven.blogspot.com

Lisa and I both know that God chose for us to be "dipped in the Jordan seven times" rather than simply calling on the name of God for an instant cure.  We both know that God is using this journey for each of us to in some way bless others and we are grateful.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You Father for this amazing journey.  You have shown incredible love and mercy by trusting us with such a journey and allowing us to be a blessing in Your name to others.  Our love for You grows every day as we come closer to you through the pain and discomfort, the fear and finally...the healing.   It is all You, Lord.   All our good is from You and we give You all the praise, honor and glory. 
Keep Your hand on me and on Lisa and on everyone out there fighting this enemy today.  It is only through You that our complete healing comes.  We are healed, not just in body, but in faith and in spirit as well.
Thank You, Father.  Thank You.
In the precious name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment