Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 320 Live Long and Prosper

Wonder where you've heard those words before?  Your answer might be Star Trek and that might be right.  Wonder where the writer of Star Trek got those words?  From Deuteronomy!

I was still reading in the Old Testament this morning to get to the fall of Jericho so I'll be caught up and ready for Part 2 of The Bible on the History Channel on Sunday.  Deuteronomy is one of five books attributed to Moses and it is part of the Chronology of the Bible from Genesis right through Esther.

Two verses stood out for me this morning and that is what my prayer time was centered on.  The first is Deuteronomy 30:16

"For I command you today to love the Lord, your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commands and laws; then you will live and increase and the Lord will bless you in the land you are entering to possess." 

Even before He expects us to obey His laws and commands, He want us to love him.  It comes first. For me, the land I am "entering to possess" is one of good health.   Then I looked back at Deuteronomy 5:30 and it says if I walk in the way the Lord has commanded (to love Him and obey His laws), I will live and prosper and prolong my days, in other words I will love long and prosper.  Thank You Father.

I wrote last week of God speaking to me while I was reading a scripture.  I came to the word "love" in the scripture and He flashed this thought in my mind:  "Slow down and just love me."  Here in Deuteronomy He again tells me to love Him.  I think He is wanting me to feel that love, to just close my eyes and feel love emanating from my heart to Him and to everything He has created.  My prayers now always start with my deepest professions of love for Him and I feel it and it is as comforting to send out love as it is to feel His love coming back to me.

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for Your Word.  Your Word comes to us inspired and written and handed down through generations and it comes to us new and fresh and imprinted on our minds, reminding us that the most important thing we can do is to love You.  Jesus said that the most important commandment was to love You with all our heart and this we do. 
We thank You for your promises of healing, good health, and long days if we love You and we stand on those promises today.  We stand on them for the healing of cancer in every one of Your children fighting that enemy.  We stand on them as You give us the land of good health and long life that we are entering to possess.
Thank You, Father, for loving us and for caring for us and for giving us Your Word so that we may know the right way to go.
In Jesus' precious name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment