Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 323 More Lord

The last two weeks have been sort of up and down for me.  I was scheduled to have blood work done on Wednesday to meet with my doctor today for a diagnosis on what is going on with my liver.  After ordering 10 blood tests that required six, yes SIX vials of blood, it turns out that the tests take longer than usual and I won't be able to see the dr. until Thursday.

After being upset, feeling abandoned and in a deep funk for a few days, I am out of it, feeling good and back where I need to be spiritually, emotionally and, I think, physically.  I know that the chemo is damaging and on occasion I can feel remnants of it still in my body and I feel that is what is causing the elevated enzymes in my liver.  It is not hepatitis C.  I feel too good for it to be anything like that.  I've been through too much with the chemo to have a condition that requires meds with similar side effects.  Enough already.

Yesterday at church was so fulfilling.  Ann sang a beautiful song about "More Lord" and wanting more of Him.  In the afternoon I was reading and this verse in Matthew came up.

"Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance.  Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him."  Matthew 13:12

Jesus made this statement when the disciples asked why He was speaking to the people in parables.  I have looked up several commentaries.  Some says it refers to the grace and knowledge of God.  Some say it refers to prosperity.  I sort of lean in the direction of the study and knowledge of God, the seeking for more knowledge being rewarded with even greater understanding and grace as opposed to those who have no interest in knowing God.

As with most things this past year, I also look at almost everything in relation to health.  God has given us so much knowledge about how to keep our bodies healthy and is giving us more and more knowledge every day of the healing in the foods He has given us.  We have distorted those foods, injected them with harmful dyes and chemicals, fattened and drugged them and we wonder why cancer is invading like a virus.  I just feel like the more we strive to learn about how to care for and protect the bodies He gave us, and put that knowledge into practice, the more we will be rewarded with improved health.  Reject or take no interest in that knowledge and we run the risk of losing whatever good health we have.  I don't know about you, but I want more good health.

I told you last week that friend Frank went on Wednesday for a catscan.  He'll be meeting with his doctors today.  Please join me in praying for a good report for Frank that will amaze his doctors and everyone except those who know that Frank is a child of the Most High and that God is still in the miracle business. 

Thank you for praying with me and don't forget to slow down and take time to just love Him.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
We thank You that Your hand is with Frank today as he meets with his doctors.  We know that Your healing mercies are moving mightily within him and he has come a long way already in his healing.
We thank You also Lord for another day on this gorgeous earth that You spoke into being.  You established an order that included healing.  Let us honor You each day as we study to learn more about how to keep our bodies healthy and to practice those things that add to our health and not that destroy our health.
We love You Father and give You all the praise, honor and glory.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment