Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 332 A New Beginning

When I met with Dr. Manji last week, he told me that having contacted colon cancer at my age and, obviously having had it for a while, I am lucky to be alive.   This morning I woke to the sound of rain and then the sun came out, flowers were smiling, birds were singing and the skies were blue and I knew how lucky and grateful I am to be alive. 

"I will send down the flowers in their season; they shall be showers of blessings."  Ezekiel 34:26



I am sometimes overwhelmed by God's goodness.  People at church know that my eyes leak ........a lot.  I cry at the beauty of God's earth, I cry at His goodness in giving me healing and allowing me more time here on earth to serve Him.   I feel like I am showered daily with His blessings and I am so grateful. 

Today is the vernal equinox, the first day of spring.   I almost feel like January 1 should come in the spring when everything around us in a state of renewal.  What a glorious time for new beginnings and starting over.  God reminds us over and over that no matter how far we stray,  He is always there waiting to welcome us back into His loving and forgiving arms,

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for giving us chance after chance to do it over, to start over and to correct our past mistakes, leaving them behind as You erase them from Your mind.
Forgive us Father for the lapses we have made in honoring You with our good health and for taking it for granted.   Thank You for giving us each a chance to learn from all the knowledge You are inspiring and for changing our ways so that we can better serve You.
Lord, please touch each of our friends and loved ones fighting cancer today.  Show them how they can best support the treatment they are receiving from the medical staff.  Instill in their hearts the courage to fight this hated enemy so that cancer is erased from their body completely never to return.
And remind us daily Lord, in our busy days, to slow down.........and just love You.
In Jesus' precious name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment