Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 318 Another Word for Me

Today's word came through my morning study.  Since I watched Part 1 of The Bible Sunday night, I have been reading the part of the Bible that was covered in that particular show.  Monday and Tuesday I read through Genesis and this morning started in Exodus.  As usual there was a verse that jumped out.

"He said, 'If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His eyes, if you pay attention to His commands and keep all His decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians for I am the lord, who heals you.' "       Exodus 15:26

Then later on in another reading, I read this.

"I am the Lord your God who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."  Isaiah 48:17

When I put the two together, it tells me that He heals but He also teaches us what we should do not to need that healing.  Some cancer is hereditary but even with that, there are so many things we can do to shore up our immune system, so many things we can avoid in our diets and daily activities that give cancer an opening from which to jump in and take over. 

I know for myself all the things I have done.  A colonoscopy years before could have saved me surgery and chemo and, believe me, that would have been much easier.  Even though I knew better, I thought because I was strong and healthy, I could still eat the foods that weren't good for me and escape the consequences.  Not so, Little Grasshopper.  There is a consequence to pay for everything we do that doesn't in some way enhance the good health that God gave us. 

Father, forgive me for not honoring You in taking better care of my body.  My life here on earth is a gift from You and I promise to be aware daily of what I am doing to keep it healthy so that I may better serve you.

Since I'm back on track this week after floundering in a puddle of self pity last week... Monday was 2 miles on the treadmill.  I'm doing better since I started this after finishing chemo.  The first trips I couldn't walk a mile without having to stop.  Getting stronger.  Yesterday was gentle yoga.  My core feels stronger this morning and my posture is much more erect.  Yay.

Today is bloodwork for my next Dr. visit to see if the liver enzymes have started going back toward normal.  I am believing that they have and, if not, that there is just an inflammation of the liver from the chemo and it will be quickly healed.  Thank You, Father.

I want to catch you up on friend Frank who was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer late last year.  He has gone through chemo and radiation and is scheduled today for a cat scan to decide what direction to go with his treatment now.  Please join me in prayer for Frank that the scan reveals that cancer is on its way out and God's healing is taking place in his body right now.

Thank you for praying with me and remember to slow down and just love Him.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
We thank You for the wonderful person that Frank is...a great husband and father and a child of yours.  We thank You today for the healing that is taking place in his body right now and thank you for the good news that You bring to him and his family through his doctors.
Lord, we are so grateful for another day here on this beautiful earth.  Thank You for teaching us.  Thank You for healing us.  Thank You for loving us.  We love you too.
In Jesus' precious name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment