Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 133 Up Down Up Down Up Down

Saturday was awesome.  I got in a great four hours painting and it made me so happy.  Bad times hit around 8pm and I went down like a rock with a big cry when nothing gave me any relief.  Yesterday was another laydown day.  I made it into the studio for only about 1/2 hour and bad time hit around the same time but not as bad as the day before. 

This morning, I slept to 7:30 and when I woke I felt ............. normal.   It's hard to explain what that was like.  It wasn't an "I feel good even though I'm still sick at my stomach" morning.  It was normal.  It was only temporary but I am so grateful for that glimpse as a reminder of what it was like BC (before chemo) and what it's going to be like AC (after chemo). 

Tomorrow, back to Dr. P to get hooked for another 48 hours of chemo to kill lots more of those pesky cancer cells.  That means lots of shopping today to prepare for the next few days.   I've found that the frozen meals are my best friend.  They're mostly low fat and the perfect size so as not to upset my tummy any more than it is already.  I've been keeping a sort of informal log of what I can eat with the least amount of repercussion. 

Yesterday I hesitantly tried Taco Bell's new Cantina Bowl with chicken.  I handled it really well, even with the corn and black beans.  Panera's lowfat noodle soup has become a standby.   KFC's mashed potatoes and Wendy's has a new chicken and berry salad and they sell a 1/2 size which is perfect for me.  No, I don't do fast food for every meal but I cannot stand the thought of food in my fridge and I don't want to even think about the smell of food cooking on the stove.  That's funny because I think I'm a pretty good cook and it's always been one of my favorite things to do, not just for me but for family and friends.  Oh well, AC those times will be back.

So, another awesome day in store for me today.  I hope everyone has a fun, family oriented and blessed Labor Day.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for this day.  Thank You for blessing me with another opportunity to love You, to praise You and to honor You with my words, my thoughts, and my actions.
I ask special blessings for my fellow warriors in this battle against the hated enemy.   Cover them with Your healing protection as they spend this day with their loved ones, celebrating the freedom we have to work and to rest and to enjoy the profit of our labors. 
Thank You Father.  Thank You.
In Jesus precious name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment