Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 148 IF is a mighty big word

Eons ago, there was a song that was either named IF is a Mighty Big Word or that was a refrain in the song.  Anyway, God woke me around 5am to talk to me about the verse I wrote here yesterday.

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you."
John 15:7

My first tendency was to skip to the second half of the verse and focus on that while reciting the entire verse.  Not so fast, grasshopper.   IF is a mighty big word in this scripture.  As Pastor RO often says, with God, it's like checkers.  You move and God moves.  That's true here too.  Jesus places a double responsibility on us in the first half of this verse in order to enjoy the second half.

He speaks of His words.  You know, those written in red.  He stresses the importance of everything that he has taught or will teach us from His time here on earth.   To be in Him, we have to have Him at the forefront of everything we do, think and feel.  We have to meditate on His words.  Then we can ask whatever we wish.

Sometimes the IF is not written but is distinctly implied.  John 14:15 says

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.  You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it.

Here Jesus is saying if we ask in His name, He will do it. 

"Forgive and you will be forgiven."  Luke 6:37

IF you forgive, God will forgive you.

"Give and it will be given to you."  Luke 6:38

IF you give, it will be given to  you. 
I'm thinking that some of you will read Jesus' promises now in a new light.  At least I hope you do.  No more focusing on the promise until you've discerned the requirement first, the big IF.

Yesterday was another good day for me.  Except for another nail in a tire and having to buy a new tire.  Good news is I wasn't left on the freeway with a flat tire.  Thank You God.  I was able to juice and have the flax oil/cottage cheese smoothie at mid morning to kick cancer's butt.  I ate more veggies than I've eaten in 4 months and my sweet little tummy tolerated them.  My colon is healing and I'm grateful.  I feel like I am finally able to take part in my healing by staying more alkaline in my diet and focusing on the best foods to defeat the enemy.  Today at 11:30, I'll get the results of the petscan from Friday and start Joy Juice, Round 6.
Everyone have a great and blessed day.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for this gorgeous day.  I'm excited to see all that You have in store for me today. 
Father, I recognize my responsibility first in asking for healing for me and for all those out there fighting this enemy.  In Luke 10:19, You gave us the authority to overcome the power of the enemy and there are few enemies worse than cancer.  I thank You for that authority and I accept it in Jesus' name.  I ask strength for my fellow warriors so that we can complete this fight until cancer is wiped off the face of the earth. 
I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above cancer, the name above all illness, the name above pain, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment