Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 150 Looking Ahead

Looking back over my life, I have always been a task oriented person.  Way back in real estate days, my office attended a seminar to determine our personality type.  One of the questions asked was what sort of animal we saw ourselves as.  Some of the agents said they were eagles, others were stallions.  I saw myself as a horse hooked to a gristmill with blinders on just focusing on going around in circles until all the grain was ground.  Hmmmmm............   I think this tendency is part of what has frustrated me so much during the treatment.  I've always just been in control and take care of business and suddenly everything was pretty much out of my hands.  The only positive things I could do was diet until surgery and then the nausea took over control of the diet.  That and firing my first oncologist.  I guess that was a big step actually, but certainly the right step. 

When I was so deep in the malaise of the treatment, it was almost impossible to look past the end of 6 months of treatment and life back to normal.  All I could focus on was what I was dealing with at that moment.  One of the thoughts that crossed my mind was that I should prepare a treasure map for After Joy Juice.  I didn't even know what to put on it but after this morning I know.......I know....

Most of my income the past few years has been derived from doing art shows and festivals.  They're hard work but I loved every minute of meeting with my collectors, visiting with art students that come out and connecting with other artists that I only see year to year.  Last fall I started feeling like I just didn't have the strength to do shows any more.  I was the last one packed up and the drive home was torture.  I did one show this spring and then had to cancel the rest.  I thought it was my age catching up with me.  That wasn't the case, as we all know now.  Today, I received an email notice of one of my favorite spring shows and it sparked a new enthusiasm.  I'm feeling now like I'll be able to make it.  I'm taking my focus off what's going on now and finally looking to an artful future and getting on with my life.   I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do but I can sure plan and work toward it.   Thank You Lord.

"Whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is any thing worthy of praise, think about these things."    Phillipians 4:8

Prayer request came from Robert and Rosemary, music ministers at Texas Cowboy Church, for a friend who served as best man at their wedding.  Mario has battled diabetes for years and has now been diagnosed with a cancer in his neck.  Please pray for healing for Mario.

Precious Lord,  Jehovah Rapha,
I come before you today Father in humble gratitude for another amazingly glorious day.  I thank You for the privilege of another day here on this beautiful earth. 
I thank You Father for my healing, for forgiving my weakness and doubt, for strengthening my body and my will power. 
As those who pray with me daily raise our voices as one, we are asking in Jesus' name for healing for Mario and that You will be with friend Frank and the medical staff as he goes back today to decide on further treatment. 
Lord, bless everyone out there today dealing with cancer, give them the strength to put their faith in You and to know anything is possible.  It's all You Father, it's all You.
These things I pray in Jesus' name, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment