Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 145 Pregnant women, stear clear

In Texas speak, that means get outta my way.  I had the Petscan yesterday.  I remembered being shot up with lots of sugar on an empty stomach,  not good.  What I didn't remember was the radioactive juice that was used along with it.  All went well until I was leaving and the technician's last warning was this:
"Don't come into contact with pregnant women or children under 10 for the next seven hours."
Whaaaaatttt?!  I was so radioactive that I was a walking danger to anything under the age of 10, for goodness sake?!   Well, that can't be good for any of us.  Oh well............ Too late to worry about it now.

Of course, my little sensitive tummy reacted poorly to all of that stuff so I spent the day on the couch.  Never even turned on the computer.  The evening before, I cleaned out my fridge anticipating Melanie delivering the new (to me) fridge.  It staggers the mind how one person with no food in her fridge can get it as dirty as mine was.  That was the most work I'd done in four months.  Whew.  But, it sparkled.  Mel dropped off her gorgeous big fridge and I'm in hog heaven.  Gonna have to do some shopping for that big silver baby.  Yippee............

Feeling pretty good this morning.  Checked FB and found that friend Renee who we've prayed for many times had her surgery this week after completing all her rounds of chemo and is home.  Next step is radiation and that gorgeous warrior will have kicked cancer's butt.  I'm so happy for her and her family.  She's a true fighter and no one ever doubted she would come out on top of this experience.

Precious Father, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for this gorgeous day, for the rain renewing and rejuvenating all the plants, trees and gardens.  Everything is so lushly green today, happy and smiling heavenward.
Thank You, Lord, for keeping Renee in the palm of Your hand through her journey so far.  We are confident that You'll take her through to a successful conclusion, defeating cancer so profoundly that it'll never return.
I thank You Father for the good report to come on Tuesday as I review it with Dr. P.  I'm believing for no new evidence of cancer in Jesus' name. 
God, You are so good and I feel so blessed knowing You have my back through this journey.  I thank You for all the prayer buddies who join with me daily in prayer.  Bless them many times over as they pray for others.
I love You, Lord.  It's all You.  All You.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment