Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 135 Praise Report

I woke yesterday feeling okay but with lots on my mind.  One of my thoughts was that I am going to have to make friends with chemo.  I think I have been resisting it and hating it almost as much as the cancer because of the side effects.  So, I decided I need a new name for it.   Dear Friend Lauren's stepdaughter named her chemo Glo Juice.  I think I'll name mine Joy Juice.  So that's what it'll be from now on.

Went to Dr. P's office at 1 and he checked me over and then sat down with me to talk about the blood work.  It was up again.  That was a negative to him but not to me.  For three weeks in a row, the cancer cells in the blood work went from 6 to 8 to 10.  We waited two weeks this time and with the direction it was taking, it should have been at 14 but it was only at 10.5.  That tells me in my optimistic way that it might have peaked higher and is on its way back down or the growth is slowing and will soon start the other direction.  Blood platelets were down so he had to back off a little on one of the drugs and liver enzymes were up.  Can all be from the meds but I am going for a Pet Scan on the 14th.  That's the scan where they shoot you full of sugar and it makes the cancer cells dance on the screen.  No dancing that day.  Don't want any dancing.

I took the three hour infusion easily.  My little beloved tablet let me hook up earphones to listen to two healing meditations.  Then I went for funny.  Art friends Jack and Mikki sent me an email about Jeanne Robertson, a comedienne  with a ton of clips on Youtube.  She's over 6' tall and was a miss South Carolina.  For you all raised in the South, you will laugh out loud at her pieces.  I did and I'm sure people were wondering what I was laughing at, wrapped up like a coccoon on a big recliner hooked up to three bags of drip.  No foul language, no sexual innuendos.   Just lots of clean humor.  Check her out.   The one I listened to was about Methodist Jeanne taking her best friend, Baptist Norma Rose to Las Vegas with her.  Don't miss out that one.

So, I am back with home with my pump full of Joy Juice.  I went all evening and until this morning at 7 am before I had any nausea.  I immediately took a med and am handling it well.  The neuropathy kicked in this time.  Palms and soles of my feet burn, I can't drink or touch anything even chilled.  My voice shakes, my head, hands and legs shake, sort of like palsy.  I'm sure that'll start to diminish as soon as the pump comes off.  Hair is still thinning in the front.  I saw something on a shopping network last week for a product that you rub on your scalp in the thin spots so the pink doesn't show thru.  Guess I'll give that a try if I see it back on again.  For now, it's just an old man's combover going on.

A special request came yesterday from two different people for Popps, a favorite among our church members.  He was just days ago diagnosed with an advanced lung cancer and his health condition prohibits a biopsy at the point.  In the meantime, he had an accident in the home and is in the hospital.  In addition to our prayers, I am posting a link to a healing prayer I found last night.  For anyone fighting cancer, this prayer is one to listen to and pray along with over and over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf97X6jSHIHA

Heavenly Father, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You so much for everything You have done for me.  I thank You for my prayer buddies and friends that have prayed for me to better tolerate these treatments.  You have answered their prayers and I am so much better because of them.  I ask special blessings on each one of them today.
Lord, we offer up Popps for healing prayer today.  He is so loved and so needed here on this earthly plain and only Your healing intervention can keep him here so that he can become a testimony to Your awesomeness. 
Please keep everyone else fighting this disease in the palm of Your hand today as we work our way through to discovering the spiritual growth that accompanies a diagnosis of cancer.  Special blessings on our friends and families who travel this path with us.  Wrap Your comforting arms around them and give them the strength they need to be there for their loved one.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name about all names.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment