Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 143 Great Expectations

Well, yesterday was a lost day.  Totally lost.  I finally made myself get up and walk around the house for about 10 minutes just to get off my back.  Sigh..............  And then there's today.  I'm feeling good.  Up early, drove Chipper to the vet for a bath.  Have plans to paint before visiting with Dr. M this afternoon for a colon checkup.  Tomorrow is the big day.  Petscan is scheduled to see if there's a reason for the up in cancer cells that showed up in my bloodwork the past few weeks. 

I know that drinking lots of fluids is very important right now but drinking room temp water is not very appetizing when trying to drink in volume and water is about it for me.  I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners but have found that a tiny bit of Crystal Lite powder in the water bottle makes the water a lot more palatable.  I think I'm going to try adding a bit of fruit juice to the water now to see if that will work as well.  Certainly a lot more healthy, even in minimal amounts. 

When I was reading this morning, I began to page through my Bible, reading the scriptures that were highlighted and notes I had made next to many of them.  Years ago, I purchased a Women of Faith Study Bible.  I've since purchased a few to give to friends.  I took "Study Bible" in it's title to heart and have used the wide margins for lots and lots of notes along with the highlighting.  I've also referenced certain verses back to books I've read that used that particular verse for a lesson.  If you hesitate to write in your Bible, I highly recommend buying one like mine, with wide margins made for taking notes.  Write all over it.  Use it, love it, study it.  Keep your family Bible pristine, but not this one.  You'll learn to love it in a totally different way because it's yours with your own notes and your own thoughts. 

I heard yesterday that actress Kathy Bates had just had a double mastectomy after defeating uterine cancer 10 years ago.  You have to know that she is a fighter and won't take this as a setback but a step forward in getting on with her life.  Wow, I just said something profound.  I'm going to have to say it again, applying it to myself.  I do not accept cancer and joy juice as a setback but as a step forward in getting along with my life.  That's my affirmation for today.  Every round of joy juice, whatever the side effects, is a step forward in getting on with my life.  I hope you will use this as an affirmation for yourself and whoever else you know fighting this enemy.

Precious Father, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another glorious day, another day to live and to love and to work and to anticipate my future, cancer free.   I am so excited today as I move forward in this amazing life You've given me.  I feel like the energizer bunny today.  The enemy can't keep me down.  I know that no weapon formed against me will prevail or prosper.  I know what You have promised and that Your words do not return empty.  I know that You said to ask and believe to receive.  I am asking for a total healing from cancer for me and the many other fighters we've prayed for on this blog.  As we join together as one voice, knowing that when two or more are gathered in Your name, there You are also, we thank You for the medicine and the miracles to eradicate this terrible enemy.
These things I pray in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen


1 comment:

  1. You're such an inspiration. Thank you for taking us on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete