Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 147 It's Going Good...........

............ and I'm so happy.  Saturday was a great paint day.  Even got in a little yesterday.  I went to church to honor God and say thanks for all He's done for me through this.  What a great church family I have.  Hug from friend Anita and she told me she had prayed that morning that I would be in church.  And, there I was.  Lots more hugs.  Lots of supporting words.  Great message.

I've written before how when God sends a message He always sends confirmation.  Friend Cindy gave a beautiful testimony yesterday about God's moving in her life once she began to declare God's favor over her life.  She also quoted the scriptures she prays over and over throughout the day.  One of them was John 15:7.

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you."

What a powerful statement Jesus made with those few words.

At the end of the service, Pastor RO gifted each of the women in the congregation with a cd entitled "Secrets of the Vine for Women."    It is by Darlene Wilkinson and is based on Bruce Wilkinson's book, "Secrets of the Vine" which is in turn based on .................  you guessed it ..................... John 15.  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.  Both John 15 and the book.  The author explains the importance of good works or fruit and how to go from just fruit to more fruit to much fruit.  It's a tiny but powerful book and his wife took it to another level personalizing it for just women.  I listened last night until I fell asleep and when I woke about 2:30am to put something in my tummy, I finished listening to it. 

I finished the day with a little shopping for the fridge and watched the Texans win another game.  If you haven't picked up on this yet, I'm a football fanatic.  A little high school, some college but not so much now that my grandson isn't playing, and I love love love the NFL.

Today I'm still feeling good but not quite as good as yesterday.  Bloodwork at noon then pick up prescription for the three day anti nausea med that I take with joy juice.  I'm so grateful for the good week that I had even though there were a few bumps along the way but so so so much better than it's been.  Thank You Father that it continues.

I was reading last night that Warren Buffet just finished radiation for prostate cancer.  I thought about the members of my church family that have had or been touched by cancer.  It occurred to me that cancer is no respecter of persons.  It touches the richest, the poorest, the Godliest and the most evil, the strong and the week.  Even to my precious little Rocky Dale who died last November with a malignant tumor on his spleen.


 
 
Most people, however, say that having cancer had a positive effect on how they lived their lives after the diagnosis.  I certainly won't say I'm thankful for it but I do know I'm a better person and a better Christian already for this having had this experience. 
 
Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another glorious day in this incredible universe that You simply thought into existence.  I'm grateful to be here to enjoy Your world and to love and bless You throughout today.
Lord, I can't say I'm grateful for this journey but I do accept that You in Your infinite wisdom have a reason for everything.   Whatever it is, I accept it and will do my best to honor You in the journey.
Lord, I ask that for everyone fighting this enemy without the love and support of a church family, You will guide them to a group that will hold them up in prayer and show them that they are not alone.
Teach them to declare that today, they are walking in God's favor.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names, the one true Messiah.
Amen.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment