Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 158 Coasting Into Round 7

Wednesday was only a semi productive day and yesterday, Thursday, was a greatly productive day.  No nausea free day yet but meds are handling things so I can paint.  Thank You Jesus.  This means that today and tomorrow, I'll be able to paint as well.  Then Sunday is Cowboy Church at the Ft. Bend County Fair, the Texans game and Monday starts bloodwork and shopping for Joy Juice days that start again on Tuesday.    It seems my routine is pretty well set now and that's about 4 good paint days out of 14.   I am hoping that if I'm more careful about eliminating fats and spices from my diet, I can keep diarrhea at bay and work my way into 5 paint days per cycle instead of just 4.

One thing I have been diligent about this round and that is my supplements.  I've only missed on the worst days.  Nothing tastes good much any more except for sweet and salty so I keep a bag of spice drops open to grab one every once in a while.  For some reason,  Campbell's soups have become my lunch of choice.  Probably because of the high sodium content.  Not the new healthy choice ones, the old fashioned ones that have been around forever.  Anyway, I'm just happy with vegetable soup and chicken noodle.  I may have to venture out this week and add chicken and stars to the mix.  Before this week, it's probably been 10 or 15 years since I've had canned soup.  Weird..... but I don't question.  I'm just so happy whenever I can think of something that doesn't come out of the fridge that I can eat. 

Spoke with friend Renee.  She's still just a little sore from her surgery but is going back to work next week.  What a miracle that is.  Praise God.  Friend Frank had his second round of chemo this week and several days out was handling it well.  My best friend, Darlene, sent word that her precious siamese, Chanel, has been diagnosed with a tumor and is having surgery on Tuesday.   What a hated enemy cancer is.   Bonnie Franklin is now fighting pancreatic cancer. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
If ever there was a plague on this earth, it is cancer.  It destroys from within and takes your most valued and precious children.  Everyone who prays with me daily is joining me now to raise our voices in united prayer asking for a complete cure of cancer, eradicating it from the face of the earth so that the word cancer becomes nothing more than a postscript in history books.
Thank You, Father, for the thousands who are being cured daily.  We ask that the numbers of the cured be increased ten thousand times over. 
Thank You, Father, for blessing me and all of the prayer buddies that join in prayer for others.  Give us a productive day where our main focus is on doing Your will and knowing that, no matter the circumstances, You are. 
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment