Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 254 So Long 2012

2012 is over and done with.  Praise God.  As I look back, it was mostly about illness.  The first part was searching doctors to find out why I was feeling so poorly and the second part was treatment once it was discovered what was ailing me. 

I can tell you that a diagnosis of cancer is a shock.  It sort of reverberates through the body but I was calm about it because I thought I could tolerate the treatment easily.  I've heard stories of people working through their entire treatment and not missing a day's work.  I had no idea that the treatment planned for me was going to be so difficult.  A couple of times I felt so bad that I thought maybe death wouldn't be such a bad alternative.  Now that I'm starting to emerge from the effects of chemo, I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I'm just back from five days in Colorado with my precious daughter, son-in-law, and grandson.  With temps reaching eight degrees below zero, I didn't venture out much but I did have a large condo with a big fireplace and a wall of windows that looked out on snow covered mountains.  The travel part was tiring and required recuperation and my muscles are still too weak for me to step up into an SUV without a push from behind - not a pretty picture - but the nausea is minimal limiting itself to evening time and never bad enough any more for meds.  The main side effect is the neuropathy which continues in my hands and feet and mouth.  My fingertips are numb, my toes are numb, my tongue feels like after I've eaten something too hot and burned my mouth.  Weird.  These symptoms don't seem to be letting up but hanging in there for the duration.   However, if that's the worst I have to deal with, no problem.

So, now it's time to look forward to 2013.  Recovery and clean tests are what I'm looking forward to most.  Then rebuilding my inventory of paintings and venturing off into some new series is next.  Staying busy filling painting orders kept me sane through this process while this blog and the Bible and Jesus Christ kept me grounded.  How grateful I am to serve such an awesome God, who loves and protects me...a God who allows me to venture out and experience life even in what seems to be the worst of conditions, yet continues to comfort and protect me..... a God who allows me to continue to create through the entire process.  I feel truly blessed and so very grateful.

"The Lord your God will bless you in all your produce and in all your undertakings and you shall surely celebrate."   Deuteronomy 16;15

" ...and as long as he sought the Lord, God make him to prosper."  II Chronicles 26:5

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for the days just past where we celebrated the birth of Jesus Christ.  I thank You on behalf of every cancer warrior for another year in which to heal and the beginning of another year in which new medicines and treatments will be developed to fight and eradicate this dreaded enemy.
I thank You, Father, for giving me the strength through the treatments that I underwent to continue to paint and produce art that speaks to the heart of others and for bringing new collectors into my life. 
What a kind and loving Father You are. 
As we all begin a year anew today Lord, help us to set our goals and make plans that will please You and bring us closer to You in everything we do and say.  Let us feel the strength of your healing mercies and know that we are always wrapped in Your loving arms.
These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

2 comments:

  1. Jo ~
    I am so glad you had a good time with your family over the holiday. I would love to stay in a condo overlooking the snow covered mountains with a blazing fire and some hot chocolate! I will begin my treatment next week on Tuesday, January 8th. I am not excited, but yet excited. Not sure if that sounds right? I am excited about the healing process! I am so excited for you and that you are truly on the road to "NORMALITY!" I will keep you posted on how things are progressing. Love you! Blessed Beyond Belief!! Lisa Grimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I'm excited for you to get started with treatment. The sooner you start the sooner you can put this all behind you. Consider it all a blessing for the new friends, the new strength of faith and the knowledge that God is with you at all times.
      Hugs and prayers.
      Jo

      Delete