Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 260 Character Building

I finally made it back to church yesterday and it was a blessing.  My church family was welcoming and I felt wrapped in their love.  God is so good.   Pastor RO was talking about attitude and he said, "No more bad days.  Those are character building days."  So that is my new mantra.  On days when I feel like I'm back sliding into the symptoms of six months of chemo, I'll just call those character building days.  Each one makes me stronger and more sure that God and I are in charge of my total healing.

I saw this posted today on FB and it was so profound I had to share it.

"And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive.  You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over.  But one thing is certain.  When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in."

I visited after church with beautiful friend Lisa who starts chemo tomorrow, not today as I posted.  She is strong in her faith, excited to get started on the path to complete healing and coming out of the storm totally cancer free.   What an amazing example she is of hope and love and overcoming.

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths, guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my savior, and my hope is in You all day long."         Psalm 25:4,5

Heavenly Father, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another day on this beautiful earth, the temporary home You created just for us.
Thank You for the strength You have installed in Your children, the strength to weather the storm and to come out even stronger than before they went in.
Father, keep Your healing arms around Lisa tomorrow as she starts treatment to eradicate the dreaded enemy from her body.  Love her and bless her so that she may be a pure example of all that You can do.  You are a God of miracles and we are asking for those miracles to show up.
I ask also Father for Your healing arms to cradle my friend Darlene as she undergoes surgery tomorrow.  Make her healing quick and easy and bless her for being the loving friend that she is.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment