Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 258 Backsliding

It seems like I'm back in the middle of chemo.  I thought I was working my way out of it but apparently not yet.  Nausea was present all day yesterday and the neuropathy seems to be getting worse instead of better.  Hard to type with numb fingertips.  My feet felt like they were thawing out all day from extreme cold. 

I did go to Body Designer in spite of the nausea.  Had a good workout at a higher level than last visit.  That was good, but it's hard even to smile when I feel like this.  Other than a little cold there, I have stayed warm with layered clothes and two pair of socks.  Once home from BD, it was to the couch for the rest of the day.  I didn't have enough energy to empty the dishwasher and just let dirty dishes pile up in the sink.

Better today.  I cleaned the kitchen this morning and am dressed for the studio.  I need to go open a window to let the fumes from the oil paint and turp out before I go back in there to paint.  I'm planning on keeping my food portions very small today to see if that helps with the discomfort in my tummy.  Enough of this already. 

"My times are in Your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me."
Psalm 31:15

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for getting me through another day.  Forgive me for being disappointed in how I felt yesterday.  I am grateful just to be here and give You all praise and honor for taking me through this journey so far. 
I ask special healing mercies for my friend Darlene who is having surgery on Monday and for my friend Lisa who is starting her chemo on Monday.  Let them both heal quickly and easily.  Thank You for putting the two of them in my life.  I am honored to pray for them.
I ask that same healing for everyone fighting cancer today.  Bless them and heal them so that they are never faced with this enemy again.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above pain, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment