Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 262 Back on Track

It's a dark dreary day and I'm going to put some baby limas (AA) on to bubble on the stove.  Days like this require that a pot of something be simmering on a back burner sending a comforting aroma through the house.

I went Monday to spend the night with friend Darlene so I could take her to the hospital early Tuesday to have her gall bladder removed.  She came through like a trooper and had her home by just a little after noon.  God is good.  She reports this morning that she's only a little sore at the main site of the removal.

Friend Lisa had her first chemo yesterday and I've checked in with her to see how it went but haven't heard back yet.  I know she's glad to at last be able to do something proactive to eradicate the myeloma after weeks of nothing but testing. 

Yesterday was my first day up by an alarm in a long time and it was a shock.  I drove home in the fog and rain, hit the couch and then moved to the bed and slept for almost 11 hours, for goodness sake.  I feel good today.  Had my coffee (AA) this morning with some almond butter (AA) on 1/2 slice of toast and then my flax oil/cottage cheese smoothie with 1/2 banana, strawberries (AA), and a little coconut milk to thin it.  Delicious!  Today I plan to cook the beans and then the sweet and sour cabbage (AA) I cooked for New Year's.  If it turns out as well as it did before, I'll share the recipe on my next post.

I'm about to call and check on a time for Body Designer today or tomorrow.  Maybe tomorrow since it's storming right now and 11:30 is my favorite time to go in.  I'm getting stronger every day in every way.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore, honor God with your body."  1 Corinthians 6: 19,20

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You Lord for the rain that is coming down on us today to nourish and prepare the plants for spring growth.
Thank You Father, for my strong body that is healing from the extreme infusion of chemicals and thank You for the privilege of honoring You by taking the best care of my body that I can.  I am so blessed and grateful.
Help me and everyone praying with me to make the right choices in the foods we eat today and the liquids we drink.  Let us feel empowered by those choices rather than feeling deprived of the junk that only serves to harm rather than to nourish us.   Thank You for Your guidance and constant reminders that we are in control of the choices we make and to focus on the choices that honor You.
These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment