Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 269 A Sunny Day, Finally

Thank You Father for the sunshine!
It seems like it's been weeks since I've awaken to the sight of sunshine coming in through the windows.  What a welcome sight it is.  I feel excited and renewed and that I can accomplish anything today.  I feel good, the sun is shining and life is wonderful. 

This morning I was listening to my favorite sport show and, of course, all the talk was about Lance Armstrong.  One of the speakers is going through his second bout with cancer and spoke of all the help and support he had received through the Livestrong Foundation.  One thing he said has stayed with me.  He said, basically, that cancer has one goal and that goal is to kill the person who has it.  It just reinforced that cancer fighters have a lifelong battle in store and that we have to use every tool possible to overcome this enemy.  I have had contact with Livestrong and I can tell you they are sincere in trying to help people with cancer and are there to search out resources to meet your needs.  Whatever Lance might have done that was wrong, establishing the Livestrong Foundation was certainly something he did that was right and it has helped millions of people.

Sadie has her first radiation treatment today and she just met a young man who came to St. Jude's in 2001 with inoperable brain cancer and is now healed and making his last visit.  To keep up with her journey, go to Sparkle on Sadie in Facebook. 

This prayer was posted this morning by friend LouAnn from Godly Women Daily.  I find it so beautiful and poignant that I want to share it with you who pray with me daily.

Lord Jesus, heal me.
Heal me in whatever You see needs healing.
Heal me of whatever might separate me from You.
Heal my memory, heal my heart, heal my emotions, heal my spirit,
heal my body, heal my soul.
Lay Your hands gently upon me and heal me through Your love for me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment