Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 270 My Artwork

If you're familiar with my work, you know that I primarily paint trees in oil with a huge emphasis on light and shadow.  The style is often surreal and sometimes a little more realistic, but always with the shadows evident beneath the canopy of the tree.

"The Lord stands beside you and is your protective shade."   Psalm 121:5

What a comfort it is to consider Jesus standing next to me and me resting in the comfort of the shade his earthly body makes.   I have often been inspired by the Bible in my creations.  The painting of green trees on a green field represents the beginning and is named "Genesis". 

The painting of a red sky over a red field with the beginning of trees and a small bird in the distance is titled "Renewal" and was inspired by the flood story when Noah sent out the birds from the ark to determine if the water was subsiding.  When the third bird didn't return, he knew that the earth was renewing itself.  The bird in the distance represents the bird that didn't come back.

The painting of red trees over a green field is titled "Selah".  It is my hope that someone viewing this painting is taken in by the horizon that, for me, represents a new beginning and that in viewing it will take time to reflect and contemplate the symetry and repetition and feel the calmness that it is meant to relay.

I have often painted a scene representing Jesus' healing of the blind man outside Bethsaida.  After putting mud on the man's eyes, his eyesight was only partially restored and he said, "I see men as trees walking."  Of course, after that Jesus touched him and his sight was completely resotred.  The painting, titled "Men As Trees Walking"  portrays slender leafless trees next to the water. 

You can see more of my work at www.texasgalgallery.com and www.myotherstore.etsy.com .

Heavenly Father, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for the healing and restorative nature of creating works of art that are inspired by You.
I thank You Father for the time in the studio that allows me to put the lingering nausea and neuropathy in the back of my mind, forget about it for a while and concentrate on just creating.
I thank You Father for the steps that I'm being able to take to return my life to normal.  Normal except that I have a greater knowledge of Your love and caring. 
Thank You Father for allowing me to honor You with my paintings.
I love You, Lord.  I love You.
In the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment