Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 284 A Milestone

At least I think it's a milestone.  I'm continuing to feel good in spite of the pain that has started to come with the neuropathy.   At least, praise God, it is sporadic and something I can deal with.  But, that's not the milestone.  The milestone is that for the last two days, I have felt so good that I haven't had to lay down or nap during the day.  Before, 3pm seemed to be my cutting off time and I would hit the couch, sometimes with a nap and sometimes not, and be there for the rest of the day.  Now, I'm continuing to paint until about 5, then cook dinner and work on little things around the house.

I attribute reaching the milestone to several things.  Diet is a big part.  My meals are focused on fruits and veggies with lowfat dark meat chicken and turkey and fish playing a minor part in the meal.  No junk, no fried foods, no soft drinks, very little processed food.  This takes a little more time to prepare but well worth the effort. 

I have continued my sessions at Body Designer on the theraplex beds and this week Kathie has cranked the level up to 8 which means a pretty good 1/2 hour workout.  It's strenuous enough that I am a little sore from it.  Kathie continues to advise me to walk but I don't like the cold or the effect of the stuff in the air so I am going to the Y this afternoon to sign up so I can use their treadmills on the days I don't go to BD.  My insurance company sent me a free membership to the Y and I need to take advantage of it.

The most important part of reaching this milestone in my recovery is the strength and fortitude God has placed in my heart, the knowledge that He is there encouraging me and cheering me on in every accomplishment I make.  He gave me a strong body and I haven't always honored Him with the care I have shown it but I am learning more and more every day to be grateful for His grace and His love and His healing. 

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

Father God, Johvah Rapha,
Thank you for instilling the strength and courage to meet each day with a new understanding of how You are working in my life.  Thank You for guiding me to the right foods and the right exercise for my body so that I am better able to honor You in everything I do.
Thank You for giving me this beautiful day to enjoy.  Thank You for another insight into the immeasureable love that You feel for me and for the privilege of loving You back.
I love You Lord.  I love You.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment