Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 263 I'm So Excited

I don't know if it was waking up to the sound of birds singing after days of dreary rain or if it's the fact that, other than my hands and feet, I'm finally starting to feel normal, but I am so excited about today.  Maybe it's a combination of the two.  How great to see some sunshine today.  We need things to dry up a little before the next round of rain. 

I had a wonderful day yesterday.  Cooked baby limas and the cabbage and I'm posting the recipe here for you today.  Delicious ........... to me anyway.  Hope you like it.  Then I worked out 30 minutes of a 45 minute workout dvd.  I can't believe I lasted as long as I did.  Very proud of myself.  I'm a little sore this morning but that's okay.  I like the feeling.  I just feel like I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing to get myself back to precancer condition.  Thank You Father.

Here's the recipe for:
                                                   Sweet and Sour Cabbage

1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped (AA)
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped (AA)
2 slices turkey bacon, chopped (AA)
1 carrot, chopped (AA)
1 apple, chopped (AA)
1/2 large head of cabbage, shredded (AA)
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil (AA)
1 tbsp water
2 tsp brown sugar (use stevia if you're avoiding sugar)
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.  Add the veggies and saute, tossing gently.  Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a jar and shake well.  Poor over cabbage and continue to cook until it reaches the desired doneness for your taste.  I like mine a little crunchy so I don't cook it very long.
Also, I have made it without the bacon using a small amount of olive oil to saute the veggies in and it works well.  I add salt with the veggies rather than into the sauce but that is up to you however you want to do it.

(AA) - Antiangiogenesis foods that inhibit the growth of blood vessels that feed cancer cells.

Plans for today:  FO/CC smoothie, apple/carrot juicing this afternoon, visit to Body Designer and then back here to paint.

"In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."
Proverbs 3:6

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for this glorious day and for another chance to honor You in all that I do.
Thank You for making my path straight to my healing and for the privilege of sharing this journey to recovery with others.
Thank You for the privilege of praying for others fighting this dreaded enemy.
Thank You for giving me power over the enemy and for instilling the knowledge into researchers of how to eradicate the enemy.
Thank You for guiding me to the best doctors and for guiding me to the best way to care for my body and to honor You while doing that.
It's all You, Lord, all You.
I am so grateful for even the smallest thing.  I know it's all from You.
Thank You, Father.
Thank You.
In the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment