Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 264 A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

It's absolutely gorgeous outside.  Birds are singing, the sun is shining and it is a privilege to just be alive.  How grateful I am for how far I've come since diagnosis on April 23rd.

Yesterday was a good food day.  I went to Body Designer and moved up to level 6 for my arms and level 8 for my legs.  Kathie reminded me how important it is for me to walk to continue getting the chemo out of my body so I took Chipper for a walk after I got home.   My last two chemo sessions were with limited meds because my blood count was so low.  When we were in Colorado at Christmas, a manicurist said the when her mother was going through chemo and her blood count dropped, the oncologist told her to walk every day and that was the best thing to restore her blood count to normal.  Now that I'm feeling better, I am going to try to do that daily along with other exercise.

I'm still experiencing nausea in the evenings and the neuropathy in my feet has now spread from my toes to the pad of my feet and now to my heels.  It feels like I'm walking with someone else's feet.  I guess I'll call Dr. P on Monday to report this.  I had expected it to improve some by now instead of getting worse.  Of course, if that's the worst to come from all of this, then I am grateful.

I received a message on FB about a little girl named Sadie from Magnolia, Tx., who has been diagnosed with brain cancer.  She has had surgery at Hermann and is on her way to St. Jude today.  You can follow her journey on FB at Sparkle on Sadie.  Her journey makes mine seem like a walk in the park and just reminds me again of what a dreaded enemy cancer is.

Two people forwarded Joel Osteen's daily message to me this morning.  It is about the same thing I've been writing about this week and that's honoring God with our bodies by taking care of them.  In responding to one, I wrote that I can only imagine how happy God is when He sees us loving and caring for our bodies like the treasured gift that they are.  Life is a gift and it is a gift from God. 

" I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."         Psalm 139:14

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another day on this incredible earth that You created just for us.  We are grateful.
I ask your traveling mercies and healing mercies today on Sadie and her family as they travel to St. Jude to have the newest and best treatments to help rid Sadie of brain cancer.  I pray for total success Father as she embarks on the next let of her journey to cured.
I ask Father that each and every person reading this blog today be inspired to take better care of themselves, to fuel their bodies with the right food and to exercise their bodies so that they are strong and resilient.  Let them honor You as they show their gratitude for the life you have given them by caring for that gift as the treasure that it truly is.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment