Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 279 Remaining Faithful

God is good.
All the time.
He put a song of praise in this heart of mine.
God is good.
All the time.
And through the darkest night His light will shine.
 
So much going on.  So many people diagnosed with cancer every day.  Now that I'm on the mend and I can focus better on others instead of what I'm going through, it is almost overwhelming.  But this week I learned a great lesson. 
 
A friend of mine has gone through a couple of years of financial troubles and consequently lost her home among other things.  But she told me that through it all, she remained faithful.  God has just blessed her with the most awesome job that will solve her financial problems and she gives Him all the praise, honor, and glory.  It is all Him.  Her words, "Through it all I remained faithful" have stayed with me since she told me her story.  Through the illness I dealt with, I remained faithful.  Other friends dealing with this awful disease are remaining faithful.
 
How does someone going through troubled times deal with it without God?  I just can't imagine.  He is such an amazing comfort through those times.  Rather than begging for relief, feelings of gratitude surface to thank Him for just being there and for the knowledge that, no matter the outcome, it is all going to be all right.
 
"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous.   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9
 
Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for comfort You give those who know You.  Thank You for the strength and courage to weather any storm knowing that You are at the end of it. 
Thank You Father, for another day to grow in Your love and the knowledge that You are always there. 
No fear. 
Thank You Father.  Thank You.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment