Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 268 The Fruit of my Labor

My work is art.  My medium is oil paint on canvas primarily.  For years I have earned my living by traveling to art shows and festivals with a van loaded with tent and equipment plus a huge inventory of art.  When I was diagnosed with colon cancer on April 23, 2012, I knew that part of my work was at an end for a long time to come, if not forever.       

Outdoor festivals are hard work and require a lot of strength to set up and take down plus the energy to greet and meet collectors over a one, two or three day period.   I travel and do the work by myself. I have groaned about the work before but never about being able to interact with collectors about my work. 

As I began to face the reality of not having the strength or energy to do any of these shows last year, past collectors as well as my galleries began to order and sell my work to the point that I was able to stay current with all my medical bills which were numerous.  Even though I was only able to paint no more than a couple of hours per day two or three days in a two week chemo period for the six months I was taking chemo, I was able to produce and ship paintings all over the US.  God is so good.

I don't wonder how I was able to do that.   I know that the hand of God was upon me and that He carried me through that time, blessing my art and enlarging my territory.

"You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well."
Psalm 128:2

I am so humbled by His loving care and that He saw my needs and met them.  What an awesome God I serve. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
You repeatedly show the caring love You have for Your children.  How grateful I am to count myself one of Your children.  How grateful I am that You watched over me through the worst time of my life and throughout it all You allowed me to continue to use my creativity and to share the works that You inspire with others.  I love You so much Lord.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with that love.
I ask today that everyone out there fighting the enemy cancer understand how much You love them and that they feel Your love surrounding them and are comforted with the knowledge that they are never alone through this journey.
These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment