Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 40 Two Days to Victory

Yesterday in the service at Texas Cowboy Church, Pastor RO referred to my surgery as my victory and that's what I'm going to call it from now on.

I hope everyone had a weekend as wonderful as mine.  First of all, Mel's Wedding Party was held Saturday evening.  We decided a while back that making a three tier wedding cake would be a little too much stress for me so a friend would bake the cake.  So.... what do I do?


Yes, that's six dozen cuppies plus a batch of Lemon Coconut Bars.  I made Rocky Road, Funfetti and Strawberry with Chocolate Ganache cuppies and, if I do say so myself, they were yummy.  No keeping a good baker down. 

The party was awesome.  Lots of hugs and well wishing for the success on my victory.  Family, friends, food, music.  Too much fun.   Then Sunday was church.  I am here to say this.  If anyone  does  not have a church family, find one!  I know, I know..........one can be spiritual without going to church.  I'm not sure what being spiritual really means but I do know being spiritual is not necessarily knowing God and not necessarily knowing how to love Jesus the way He should be loved.  I believe that can only be done by studying the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, and learning from elders who have studied longer and know more.   If one doesn't know Him, how can  His hand be seen in everything that happens every day?  Life is such a gift and such a miracle and it's all from Him.

The Bible says when we are ill, to go to the church elders and have them anoint us with oil and that's what I did yesterday.  My church family gathered to lay hands on me and pray for me and it was such an uplifting and blessed experience.  I wish that type of church for everyone that might happen across this blog.   Then, when I was leaving, one of the church members stopped to tell me that colon cancer runs in her family and that her mother lived 35 years after surgery and that her grandmother had the surgery when she was in her 90's and did well after.  Thank you, Mrs. McDonald. 

In yesterday's message, Pastor RO read from the 20th chapter of the Gospel of Matthew.  It tells of the two blind men who approached Jesus and asked for mercy.  Jesus knew they were blind but still He asked them specifically what they wanted before He restored their sight.  The lesson, obviously, is to be specific in our prayers.  Today, I am going to pray a specific prayer for myself.

Heavenly Father,
I am so grateful to have You in my life.  I thank You for my family and my friends and I thank You for your mercy and forgiveness.  Lord, I am following the example You set when the blind men asked  for healing and I am asking specifically that on Wednesday the victory be quick, that the cancer will not have penetrated the walls of the colon, that my lymph nodes are clean and that You make me an example of Your healing.  Let me be of service to You, Lord, through this experience.  I love You so much.  I honor You in all I do. 
I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment