Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 52 Draggin'

I think my energy level today is at about a minus 5.   When I was whining to Darlene about it, she reminded me I was just over a week out of major surgery.  Okay, I accept that.   Not sure that some of it isn't a little bit of depression.  The mornings seem to take it all out of me and it's the rest of the day on the couch.   Mel's sweet goddaughter, Sammi,  took me to buy groceries yesterday and she and her Mom were back last night with some movies for me to watch.  That helped but I need to get up off my behind.  I hate not being productive. 

I think today I am going into the studio.  I think that might be exactly what I need to do.  I did take a walk outside but came back in sneezing and a sneeze with a fairly fresh incision is not a good thing.  I have several paintings that are almost completed that need to be shipped.  If I can get myself going with that, I know I'll feel better. 

Food is still a dilemma.  I can't worry at this point about much of anything regarding my diet other than to figure out what I can eat that will hang around long enough for my body to absorb some nutrients.  I started back on some multiple vitamins yesterday.  Maybe two or three days of that and I'll feel a little more energetic.  Really not much of an appetite for anything.  Up side is my clothes are looser and..................so is the skin.  Probably not a pretty sight to an onlooker.  I just have to get moving.

It just struck me that I'm so focused on the aftermath of the surgery, I've almost forgotten about the enemy in my body.  Even though the wellhead has been removed, there are still those cells floating out there, looking for a new foothold.  I heard yesterday that artist friend, Hannah, has just been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma.  She and her artist husband, Nemo, have been traveling the US the last two years doing shows almost every weekend.  That has all stopped until she can have surgery and recuperate enough to go back on the road.  Please pray for Hannah's healing.

I am so grateful that God has given me this voice to encourage others not to put off what I did.  Long time friend, Grace, found me again through this blog and has her colo/endo scheduled for next week.  I hope others will follow Gracie's example and "get thee to a gastro".   It isn't painful.  Insurance usually covers it.  And, it can save your life. 

Heavenly Father,
You reminded us repeatedly that our bodies are not our own, that they are gifts from You.  As such we must care for them to honor You.  If we truly honor You in all we do, preventative care is as important as aftercare.  Thank You, Lord,  for this platform from which I can remind others how precious their health is and that it is solely their responsibility to maintain it.  
As others praying with me join in holding up Hannah today, I thank You in advance for what You are doing at this very minute to help her with the healing of her body.  Bless Nemo and her family as they support her during this process.
Thank You Lord for guiding the doctor's hands next week as Gracie goes for her tests.  If there is anything needing to be found, let it be revealed so that the enemy finds no foothold there.  Comfort her daughter, Amber, so that she feels the security of knowing that You are there for her and her Mom, wrapping them in Your loving arms. 
God, You are so good.  I love you so much.  How lucky I feel right now knowing You're beside me every step of the way.  Grant that same feeling to every other person out there fighting this hated enemy.
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment