Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 61 It's A New Day

And thank You Father for that!

Wow, I had an active Thursday and have been down since then.  Juanita was here to clean on Friday and I just moved from the couch to the bed to stay out of her way.  Yesterday, I managed to get to Walmart around noon and then quickly back home to the couch.  Pretty much slept there until time to move from the couch to the bed.   I keep thinking this healing process is taking longer than it should but then I think back to compare it to the transplant and I'm way ahead of schedule.  I think it must have been three weeks before I ventured out in a car.  This time I've been driving since week one when I cut back on pain meds to only at night. 

Today is my precious daughter's birthday.  It almost seems like Mother's Day all over again being able to celebrate her birthday.  Actually, we get to celebrate two birthdays.  First, her actual birthday in June and then the date of the transplant in February.  Mel and I were talking Friday about how amazing the human body is.  My colon is in the process of adjusting the job of the portion that was removed to another part.  Just like when I gave her a kidney.  The other one just picked up the slack with no problem.  The body is so forgiving.  No matter what you do to it, once you start to treat it with proper exercise, rest and nutrition, it immediately starts to repair itself.  What an amazing Creator we have to have programmed that repair gene into it. 

My friend, Mary Ann Simkins, tagged me on her Facebook blog with a song by Rodney Atkins called "If You're Going Through Hell."   I've listened to it several times and the portion of the lyrics that stayed with me were:
           "But the good news is there's angels everywhere out on the street
             holding out a hand to pull you back up on your feet."
I've been really blessed with so many angels in my life.  I'm almost overwhelmed by all the calls, emails, gifts and cards that I continue to receive daily.  Actually I didn't realize I knew so many people. 

Angels have played a huge part in my life.  I hope you believe in angels because I promise you, they are out there, they do exist and they do work on your behalf.  From an art angel to a warrior angel to a visitation, God has allowed them to be active in my life.  I need to think about what all I want to share about this because it's always been a sort of private, but I'll write about my angels soon. 

Heavenly Father,
I thank You for another day, a new day giving me another opportunity to praise Your amazing glory.  Life here is so precious and there are so many opportunities to be an angel to others.  Let me be that person on the street today Lord that can do something for someone else just as so many have done for me.  I am thanking You in advance, Father, believing for a healing and return of energy so that I can be more effective on Your behalf.
Thank You Lord for the strength to fight this hated enemy and thank You for giving everyone else out there fighting this same enemy the energy to destroy it so profoundly that it never gains a destructive foothold in their body again.
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen




 

No comments:

Post a Comment