Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 42 Victory Day

This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Long time coming and there is so much going through my mind.  Excitement to have all of this almost all behind me.  A little weary from the long wait from diagnosis to surgery, but that was my decision.  Wondering if writing this blog was the right thing to do.  I have allowed so many feelings to come forward when I might have been better off just pushing them back and ignoring them.  Am I forgetting anything that I'll need at the hospital?  All that plus I'm so darned hungry I could eat a bear and so thirsty I could drain a swimming pool.  It's just after 7am and four more hours until they start an iv so I won't be so dehydrated.  All that cleanse I had to drink last night is sodium based and, at this point, I feel like a piece of jerky.  Probably look like one too.  Oh well.......

Enough of my grumbling.  I am giving thanks today for all of my family, my friends, and my church.  I am so blessed and covered by His love.  I hope you'll indulge me by letting me share some of the words that have been sent to me.  You'll understand why it makes my eyes leak.

" ..that God will guide each hand of the doctors and all that is done is complete healing."
"Sending happy thoughts and awaiting the call to action to do whatever needs to be done to help you through."
"Please know we look at your painting every day and it brings us so much joy.  I believe that any form of artistry can be a great healer."
"Hope all goes well........it will!  You have too many canvases yet to paint."
"Will hold you in my prayers.  You give 'em hell, girl!  And love your life."
"I'm hoping to return in thoughts and prayers to you the same serenity, peace and comfort your amazing artwork brings to me."
"Stay strong and positive."
"I am so excited you are claiming Victory because that is what Jesus promises to his children.  As you go through this temporary desert, I know that the streams of victory in your health will be flowing on the other side."
"Keep up the good fight and know a lot of people are praying for you."

Lauren, Darlene and Jamie have sent out requests on Facebook for intercessory prayers on my behalf.  My church is praying.  My family is praying.  People I don't even know and will probably never know are praying for me.  How can I not be victorious over the enemy today?

Melanie will post an update on Facebook later today so, if you want to check, it's www.facebook.com/jo.edwards.94?ref=ts .  In the meantime, if you would like to see some of my art, I have it at www.texasgalgallery.com and www.myotherstore.etsy.com .

So, to all of you, my blogger friends, I'll be back in about a week with great news of God's work in my life.

Precious Lord and Savior,
How can I express how happy I feel at this moment, how grateful I am for all the blessings you have given me?  I am asking now that You return those blessings to each and every one that has supported and prayed for me through this journey so far.  They have been my companions on this trip, holding me up in spirit and prayer and I want to acknowledge how much that has meant to me. 
For every person traveling a journey like mine, bless them with the same love and support that You have given me so that their travels down this uncertain path will be easier and more secure. 
I love You Father and I know that Your hand, Your angels, Your love and Your care are surrounding me today.  Bless this battle that I am fighting and I thank You for  victory over this hated enemy.
In Jesus' name.
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment