Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 58 Insurance, another journey all its own......

I've been all morning working my way through insurance info, items not covered by insurance and questioning first one bill and then another.  I purchased a cancer policy back in the 80's and have kept it up.  Probably won't pay much more than $10/day considering how old it is but at this point every little bit helps.  It'll probably take me the next three days just to complete the claim form.

Now I'm waiting to find out what my share of the chemo treatment is going to be.  One of the meds is over $4000/dose.  Yowsa!!  I've probably had some thoughts about big pharma in the past and how much money they make but at this point, I don't care.  I am just happy they're out there with all their research and development.  Amazing how one's viewpoint can change in a second. 

I would probably be in a grumpy mood with all of this except that my friend Tineke sent her cleaning lady over for the day in lieu of sending me "get well flowers".   If you've followed this blog, you know by now that I hate cleaning house.  It is a never ending task that really accomplishes nothing because it has to be repeated in a few days.  I get no creative satisfaction from it, although I do like a clean house.  Juanita has everything smelling so good and looking shiny clean.  Hmmmm.   I remember when I was a little girl, if I was sick my Mom would always put fresh bedding on her bed and put me in the middle of the bed, all propped up with fluffy pillows and surrounded by sweet smelling line dried sheets.  I think I may treat myself to that same thing once Juanita is done.  Just prop myself up in the middle of the bed made up with fresh bedding and then just snuggle down to take another healing nap.  I still take lots of those. 

My appetite is improving.   Lomotil is letting me stray farther and farther from home.  The nausea is pretty much gone.  I'm thinking that within the next few days, I'll make a trip to the market and hit the organic veggie section again.  Actually I've been a little scared of fiber but I'm slowly working my way back and it's going okay so far.  What an awesome creation the human body is that it can take so much and still keep working and doing the job that God designed it to do.   How incredible the knowledge that He has given the medical community to treat and cure almost anything that goes wrong.   I would like to know who the first surgeon was with nerve enough to pull someone's innards out through a little  slit in the belly button, remove the bad part, stitch it back together and then get everything back where it is supposed to be.  Wow.  That was a courageous person and you know there had to be some supernatural guidance in that.   Thank You Lord that You are allowing me to benefit from all the knowledge You've given these dedicated physicians.

Today I have a special prayer request for all of you out there who pray with me daily.  Today it isn't for someone fighting the enemy.  The nurse at my oncologist's office told me that her sister delivered a baby boy yesterday and he was way early, weighing only about a pound.  Baby Jordan was transferred to Memorial Herman downtown while Mom is still at Memorial Herman in Sugar Land.   Can you imagine how hard it must be for her to be in one hospital while her baby is in another hospital?

Precious Father,
You spoke often of the power of prayer and we know that Your presence is in the prayer of Your children.  Today, we are asking special favor for Jenny and her baby, Jordan.  Just wrap your comforting arms around her so that she knows her baby is loved, protected and held in the palm of Your hand.  Give specific guidance to the medical staff caring for Jordan so that he can grow, flourish, and honor You with his life.
We love You, Father, we praise You and glorify You in all that we do.
In Jesus' name.
Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment