Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 37 I FEEL GOOD!

James Brown has nothing on me.  Since it's just me and Chipper here, I may have to dance a little jig because I feel great this morning.  After three days pretty much spent on the couch, this is awesome.  What caused the change?  Two possibilities.  Yesterday morning was my last dose of a med to control bladder spasms from the infection so maybe it is out of my system.  The other possibility could be two complete days of my multi-multivitamin pills.  Actually it's 16 capsules a day and I've found every excuse in the world not to take them.  I have to work it into my eating routine to get them down and I think I have it figured out.
By the way, here's the look I get from Chipper when I dance through the house.


Obviously that eye roll indicates he's not too impressed.  Oh well, neither would anyone else be impressed but, you know what, I don't care.  Couldn't you just kiss that precious face?  I may have to stop writing a minute to get a Chipper hug. 

I have spent over an hour on the computer this morning researching Dr. William Li.  He recently appeared on Dr. Oz's show speaking on angiogenesis and the foods we can incorporate into our diet to starve the blood vessels that feed cancer.  That was encouraging because it sort of reinforces the diet that I have been following since diagnosis.  To see one of his talks on angiogenesis, click here http://www.ted.com/talks/william_li.html.  I found another of his talks on YouTube that was a later one with additional information.  He said, "What we eat is chemotherapy every day."  Dr. Oz has a printable grocery list on his website of the foods that Dr. Li believes we should include in our diet.  One being red wine.  Yay for that, Dr Li. 

I'm way behind on everything I need to do.  Should have done more baking yesterday.  Should have worked on the painting for Positive Images Gallery.  I did nothing.  So, today is makeup time.  My best friend, Darlene, will be here tomorrow for the Wedding Party and will spend the night.  She has made this journey with me and will help me after surgery.  I'm excited to see her.  We live on opposite sides of Houston so that limits how often we can get together.  We've been friends since we were beautiful young 20somethings and through lots of ups and downs in our lives.  She probably knows me better than anyone else.......and loves me anyway.  That's a true friend.

So, now it's time for my smoothie and first dose of vitamins.  Then time to get to work. 

Precious Father God,
Today I am asking special blessings for Melanie's childhood friend, Renee.  She just finished round #4 of chemo and is about to start 12 more weeks of treatment.  Lord, I thank you for giving those meds supernatural powers to perfectly target the enemy that Renee is fighting, to starve that enemy and obliterate it so completely that it can never return to her body.  We know that You are her constant companion, her comfort and that her healing is in Your hands.  Thank You Father for everything You do for her and for me and for everyone fighting this most dreaded enemy. 
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment