Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 63 What's in my grocery cart?

Yesterday didn't go exactly as planned but was a good day anyway.  I got some things done in the morning, then down for several hours but up again around 3pm.  I guess 3pm is going to be my witching hour.  That means I decided to do the grocery shopping around 4pm when the temp was in triple digits, for goodness sake.  Yikes!  It was hot.

I thought I would share with you what I restocked the fridge and pantry with so that I can get back to an alkaline and antiangiogenesis diet.   I start in the veggie section and then go to the organic food section.

Raspberries, blackberries, bananas, lowfat organic cottage cheese, and flax seed oil for my morning smoothies.
Organic carrots, apples and celery for the afternoon juicing.  I usually add dark grapes but not happy with what they had yesterday.
Onions, mushrooms, red peppers, collard greens, lettuce, tomatoes, red potatoes, and a big avocado.
Knudsen's Rice Chips and Tostitos All Natural Peach and Pineapple Salsa.  The rice chips are gluten free and delicious and that salsa is addictive.  I really have to pace myself on that stuff.
Ezekiel Bread, Sesame.  This is not gluten free but is made with sprouted grain and no preservatives.
I bought two Amy's Frozen Meals.  If you've never tried Amy's Mexican dinners, let me tell you they're awesome.  All organic and some are gluten free and some dairy free and some are both.  Melanie loves her Italian meals too.  Me, not so much.  I've tried the Indian ones and not crazy about those but I crave the Mexican ones. 
I also bought from the bulk food area sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds and dried cranberries to make my type of granola.  I get the fresh ground almond butter too.  Kroger's almond butter is from roasted almonds but when I'm at Whole Foods, I get it made from regular almonds. 
My venture into the other part of the store was for the one salad dressing that I probably shouldn't have but love love love and that's Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette.  I figure as long as I use it sparingly, I'm okay.

So, my plan for today is to cook some black eyed peas and the collard greens.  I know it's hard to believe that either of these dishes can be tasty without bacon or ham hocks but I assure you they can.  I'll share tomorrow how I cook both of them and hope you'll give them a try.

Pastor RO always says that with God, it's like a checker game.  You move, He moves.  That just confirms to me that I have to do my part in this healing process.  I cannot leave it up to the medical community or expect God to just heal me supernaturally while I set back and continue with old habits that might have helped get me into this condition. 

Heavenly Father,
Thank You so much for all of the information out there to guide me in doing my part to fight this dreaded enemy.  Cancer is not a disease that attacks from the outside but an enemy that attacks from within.  I need to fight it from within.  Please forgive any weakness that takes me along another path.  Strengthen my resolve and fortitude to continue doing what I know that I need to do to be the strongest and healthiest I can be.   I do this to honor You, Lord, and to glorify Your goodness and love.  Please grant this same strength and resolve to everyone else out there fighting this same enemy.  Bless them, love them and heal them Father in such a profound way that this enemy will never appear again.
I ask these things in Jesus' precious name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment