Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 10 Get that grump off your face!

Dreaded allergies hit yesterday around noon and I went down like a rock.  I was sick with sore throat, sinus infections, fever and immense fatigue from November through March.  After a series of meds and doctors, I now realize that my immune system was so busy trying to contain this cancer that it just couldn't take much time to worry about the allergies.  They might not be life threatening but they sure are debilitating.  I spent almost five months on the couch, very little painting accomplished and only one show in all that time. 
So yesterday I slept, grumbled, tried to paint, grumbled and didn't get much done.  My new juicer arrived and I didn't even have the energy to take it out of the box.  My fault? Yes!!!  I have always thought of myself as being so strong that I really don't need meds.  Never finished a round of antibiotics.  Never renewed a prescription.....until now.  The ENT I consulted back in March gave me two scripts - one for nasonex and one for astepro to use daily.  So when they ran out, did I refill them?  No.  I was feeling better so why use meds?  I may be a slow learner but at least I learn.  Called refills in and headed out to get them this morning.
While I was mumbling, grumbling, stumbling around yesterday I read an email from John in Wimberley.  I had shared my diagnosis and told him I wouldn't be able to be back there for Market Days for several months.  John replied that his wife beat brain cancer in 1996, then uterine cancer and last fall began a fight against stomach cancer.  Wow!  Makes this little tumor seem almost insignificant when I consider the fight others are going thru.
Therefore I resolve to take this grump off my face this morning and face this day with the love and gratitude it deserves. 
I promised that I would share about my breakfast cocktail that Melanie and I have been eating. 
This is recommended by Dr. Joanna Budwig who is the scientist that discovered the omega 3s.  It starts with lowfat organic cottage cheese plus flax seed oil.  The addition of the flax seed oil removes the dairy properties of the cheese.  I put it in a blender with blackberries or raspberries and a little stevia and thin with a tiny bit of almond milk.  Whirrrrr it up and top with whole blueberries and my faux granola which consists of sliced almonds plus flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. 
Pretty, isn't it?  Would I rather have a big plate of bacon and eggs?  Not at this point.   Is it delicious?  Not to me but Melanie loves it.  She used banana yesterday and some ice cubes and made it into a smoothie and said it was delicious.  That might be good with the berries and bananas.  If you're curious about the theory behind the fo/cc, just google flax oil diet or Bill Henderson.   Lots of interesting information.

I am so honored that you are sending me the names of people fighting cancer for all of us to hold up in prayer.  Please continue to send them and I'll continue to post one every day.  My niece, Quade, asked that we pray today for her friend, a grandmother named Marilynn who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and whose granddaughter Cheyenne was diagnosed with cancer the same day.   How devastating for that family.  Thank you Prayer Buddies for your prayers today for these two precious ladies.

But most of all, thank You Father for a blessed and healing day.

1 comment:

  1. Jo,we are so thrilled on the news the cancer is contained. It's not surprising your allergies have kicked up their heels. When we are stressed they seem to act up more. And you have been stressed to the max. Take care, we have you in our prayers. Hugs, Mikki and Jack

    ReplyDelete