Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 25 Me. God, and My Paints

No tests today, no appointments, nowhere I have to be for anything.  Praise God, the timing is perfect.  I don't think I could go anywhere today if I had to.  I almost wrote that I'm not sure what's going on because I'm so tired but, hey, I do know what's going on.  My body is working so hard to kill those cancer cells that there's no energy left over for much of anything else.  Right food, strong supplements, every thing I can do to support but it's apparently not enough.  I'm so worn out that I may have to have a little pity cry.  I know, that won't help anything but sometimes I just need it.  Just for a minute.  Just a tiny sob and maybe just allowing a couple of tears to squeeze their way out.

I brushed my teeth this morning and that's probably gonna be it.  I'm not washing my face or combing my hair.  I can stay in my pajamas and still paint.  I think today's routine is going to be going from the couch to the studio to the couch to the studio.  Great time to study to remind myself that God is still on the throne, that His word does not return empty and that I can stand on His promises.

I'm having a hard time praying for myself.  I get so caught up in what I'm dealing with that I lose the connection that is so important to my healing.  All the peripheral "stuff" of running to one test after another, preparing food, planning appointments, researching what else I can do, thinking about what I need to have here postsurgery ....... these things are starting to take over and I forget prayer time and shorten study time.   I do talk to my Lord all throughout the day while I'm busy doing whatever but it's that quiet time when I can close out everything except for Him and me that I'm needing most right now.  I know I need to give that time priority.  I want to give that time priority.  Why don't I?  That thought really needs some meditation.  At least I can still pray for others.

My friend Sue wrote last night thanking the Prayer Buddies for holding up in prayer her stepson as he was facing a checkup at MDA.  The report was answered prayer.  Everything clear and no sign of cancer returning.  Praise God.  It is such an honor to pray for others and I am so blessed by all those praying for me. 

Precious Lord, thank You for keeping me and all those other dear ones fighting cancer in the palm of Your hand today.  Thank You for Your healing spirit moving mightily within each of us.  It's all You, Lord.  It's all You.  We love you and we honor you.
In Jesus' name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment