Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 19 Another Day Another Doctor

I am a person who has easily gone a year or more before without going to a doctor.  Obviously, at this point, that's not something to brag about.  More stupid than smart.  So today I'm off to the cardiologist to get clearance for surgery.  On the way home I'll stop by Tineke's.  She has prepared some of the dragon fruit and jack fruit from Wednesday's visit to Hong Kong Market and wants me to taste them.  Those are two strange looking fruits to a westerner's eyes but I'll let you know tomorrow how they taste.  The red Asian spinach that I cooked last night was delicious.  If you like spinach, it has a similar taste but very delicate green and red leaves.

I had a good day in the studio yesterday and will be back in there this morning since my cardio visit isn't until afternoon.  I love the two commissions I'm working on.  Those plus replacement pieces for San Antonio and I could stay busy all the time.  I will admit that my energy level hits empty fairly early in the day and when that happens, everything stops.  But that's okay because I know it's my body sending all it's forces to kill the cancer and shrink the polyp. 

I was thinking this morning as I studied that I really have been a hypocrite for many years.  I am understanding more and more every day what an incredible creation the human body is, what a precious gift from God it is and how I have disrespected and dishonored it on a daily basis over the years.  Unfortunately I am not alone in this and you know who you are.  And most of all, I realize that no matter how badly we might mistreat our bodies, they continue to forgive and do their best to heal and correct whatever goes wrong........... usually with little or no help from us .............until they just can't anymore. 

Since I have "seen the light", I really have to work now on not being judgemental of others who do as I did but sometimes I just can't help it.  I saw a commercial last week for one of those little medical alert devices that elderly wear around their necks.  You know the one.  The "help I've fallen and I can't get up" ones.  Well this ad showed an overweight woman with a sweaty face and using a portable oxygen tank.  She looked into the camera and in a raspy voice said, " I'll give up my beer and my steak and .........." I can't remember the third thing but that was enough.  She would give up her beer and her steak but she wouldn't give up her life alert.  Seems to me now that if she had given up her beer and her steak earlier, then maybe she wouldn't need the life alert.  There must have been a lot of feedback about that commercial because I haven't seen it since.   Sadly, her situation is true of me too.   I loved beef and I loved sausage and I loved fried foods and I loved loved loved sweets and, most of all, I loved my daily Diet Dr Pepper from Sonic over their wonderful crushed ice.  I have been fine with my new way of eating but I will say that I miss that Diet DP.  Oh wow. 

I don't want to be critical of how other people eat.  I do want to say that if you're not at your optimum weight or if you are suffering from a condition that is caused by what or how much you are eating, stop now.  Get informed and make smarter choices because, trust me, you do not want to be on this journey that I am on.  Yes, there is a DNA connection to colon cancer but 80% of the cases diagnosed are in people who have no familial relation with  this disease.  So, that means that 80% of the cases of colon cancer are caused primarily by dietary choices.  Scary, isn't it? 

Today, please pray for Tineke's precious Mother in Indonesia who is fighting breast cancer.  May God's healing Spirit move through her, killing every cancer cell in her body so completely that they will never return again.  Thank you Prayer Buddies for your continued prayers for these victors.  Please send the names of other victors fighting this disease that we may honor with prayer.

And thank You, Father, for another great and healing day.

Jo
jedwardss@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment