Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 22 One Down and One To Go

That's for  today anyway.  Saw the ENT this morning and, praise God, the bump in my throat is a blocked salivary gland.  Nothing to worry about at this point and a good chance it may go away on it's own.  I have to be careful at this point not to overreact to every little bump or twinge.  It's very easy to start to see everything as another possible point of cancer and run to the dr every other day with something new.

Next is a stress test at 1:30......and I'm hungry now!  I sometimes feel like a petulant child and I would really like to stomp my foot and scream that I want something to eat right now!  Why do so many tests have to be done on an empty stomach?  About the only thing I've kept from my old way of eating is a cup - notice only a single cup - of black coffee - black, no more International Delight Almond Joy Coffee Creamer or York Peppermint Patty Creamer.  Take all that yummy stuff away and it's just coffee and I have to admit I'm just as excited to have that single cup of black coffee as I was before with all the doctored up coffee.  So, no coffee this morning.  No coffee tomorrow morning before the cat scan but at least that's early enough so I'll have my coffee when I get home.  Today only a light breakfast so I juiced some apple/carrot juice and had a 1/2 slice of Ezekiel Bread with some almond butter.  I think when I'm done with the test, I'll stop at Pho Mai for some rice noodles in that wonderful broth with cilantro and basil.  Yummmmm.

On the way home from the dr this morning, I began to think about support groups.  So many people have told me about friends or relatives that have had colon cancer, but I don't actually know anyone myself to talk to.  I know this sounds sort of morbid but the only people I know with colon cancer are dead.  Wow.  That's sure not anything I want to dwell on but, unfortunately, it's the truth.  I think I'll google colon cancer support groups here in the Houston area and see if any are out there. 

I'm about to pack up some paintings to ship to Artistic Endeavors in San Antonio.  Great sales this past weekend, thank You God.  Then I have two more paintings to post for sale on www.myotherstore.etsy.com .  After that, back to SugarLand to see how long I can stay on the tread mill without collapsing.  I've already warned the cardiologist that I only can handle one thing right now and that's colon cancer so just get me okayed for surgery so I can put this speedbump behind me.   I am so ready to be done with this.  Three weeks until surgery and counting. 

Father, thank You for blessing all those cancer fighters out there today as your healing spirit moves mightily within each one of them.  Thank You for loving me and carrying me through this journey.
And thank You Father for another great, glorious and healing day.
In Jesus' name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment