Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 36 No Fear

I knew when I walked into church yesterday that God would give Pastor RO the word that I needed right then.  And He did.  All RO had to say was "Psalm 91" and I knew immediately that was the word for me.

My grandson, Logan, used to wear a dogtag with the words "No Fear" on one side and the scripture itself on the other.  He gave many of those dogtags to his dirt bike racing buddies and his football teammates.  I know that scripture, mostly by heart, but my mind hasn't let me slow down enough to go back to it.  Here are the words that spoke to me yesterday and that I carry in my heart today.


He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

He will cover you with his feathers and under His wings you will find refuge.

You will not fear the terror of night nor the arrow that flies by day.

He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name.  He will call upon me and I will answer him;  I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."


Then I looked over to the next page, to Psalm 92 and here is what I had highlighted from another time when studying Psalms.

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon.

They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green.


I guess today, Memorial Day, I have to feel so grateful to our troops who have given so much to keep our country safe, to allow me to read my Bible and to freely gather with like minded friends to honor my God and to know Him better every day.  We so take for granted this freedom that is being eroded from within our own government.  Tomorrow is Super Tuesday in Texas.  I pray that all of my friends go to the polls and vote for the candidates that will preserve our religious freedom and vote out those candidates that would take that freedom away from us under the guise of "political correctness."


Father God, thank You so much for Your comforting words that calm my spirit, strengthen my faith and reassure me of Your love and protection throughout this journey.  Bless me today Father and bless those others out there fighting the enemy that is trying to destroy us from within.  Bless this country from the other enemy that is also trying to destroy our freedoms from within.   Bless our troops and their families for the sacrifices they are making every day. 
And, most of all today, God Bless America.
In Jesus' name.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment